Update on Daylily

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Sep 2011, 04:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a message from Daylily and it is not wonderful news. Once they were in they found that her femoral head was not good so they have done a bone graft. She is facing six weeks of not walking on it and is trying to arrange a full care package for both her and Mr DL. She is on liquid morphine and I don't know when she will be leaving hospital. I told her I would let you all know and I am sure many of you will be sending hugs etc - our friend needs them so let me lead the way: ((((((())))))) to you Daylily, and a smidge of love. Chin up my girl, I am sure it will all come right in the end. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh dear.. Poor luv.
    Please pass on my very best wishes..

And those rare things:

((((((((((((((( :grin: ))))))))))))))) from me and Ra
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Awwww im so sorry to her that :(

Sending hugs her way, hope she feels better soon

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love Senna xxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    DD please send her my best wishes too and I hope she can get the help she needs for herself and mr dl as soon as possible.

sending them both hugs ((((((()))))
    love Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Definitely not what Daylily wanted to hear. I do hope some decent care can be arranged for both of them. It is possible that a spell of enforced rest & care would be not a bad thing for her. Bone grafts do tend to require a bit more TLC but I’ve had no problems with mine. I am thinking of you very much, Daylily. Try not to worry.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Oh dear how sad.
    Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Anita.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry to hear this good luck ((())) val
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Love and positive vibes from me too . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I received another text a few minutes ago - apparently she might be coming out tomorrow. I reassured her that she was being thought about. DD
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear DD

Thank you so much for letting us know. I am so sorry that it was not a straightforward operation for Daylily and I do hope that a suitable care package can be arranged for them both. From your latest message they are not keeping her in for too long but I am sure she would not be discharged before help was organised for them both once she is home.

Please do send her my love and hugs

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    sorry things were not so straight forward,hope things look brighter soon,love to you daylily and hugs.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have had another message, she thinks she is ready to come out as long as they give her lots of dullers - she says they can't do anything else for her but whether that is for the present or for all-time I don't know. Poor daylily, this was supposed to help and improve matters. Life, eh? :roll: DD