CHASING A BONE DENSITY SCAN

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 23. Sep 2011, 18:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a bone density scan done 5 weeks ago....anyone else think that is a bit long to wait for results....I do?
I've rung the GP....no reults.
So thought I'll take matters into my own hands and have rung a different hospital {not the one i usually go to} where I had the scan.
Asked to be put throught to that dept.
Asked where the results were? So waiting for a reply as to whats happened to them.
It might give them a cyber kick up the bum :lol::lol:
So GP knows I'm chasing it and the hospital know I'm chasing it...lkets see what happens
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Beckyboo
    Beckyboo Member Posts: 12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I got mine back when I went to see my rheumy as he was the one that ordered them.

But I think it was 8 weeks between that appointment. Also, she was able to tell me AT the scan alot of what she saw.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Becky,
    Yes The last one I had the girl told me there and then I had osteopinia but sh would write to the GP and he would decide what to do...thats why I expected to hear a bit sooner. It was my GP that ordered this one and she knows nothing about the results.
    Love
    Hileena
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Hileena,
    I wasn't told anything when I had the scan but my GP had the result 2 weeks later so I asked for a printout.
    Like I said in an earlier post it does seem a long time to wait and you are doing the right thing by contacting the dept.
    If I hadn't got my copy my GP didn't notice it said further investigations advised so I wouldn't of known.
    I really must find a decent GP.
    Hope you find out soon
    Love May
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    HI
    I got my results within 10 days she put them through omn the computer and told me to tell my rheumy to go online as she said the postal result takes alot longer apparently. My GP can go online and look at any of my hospital results so he can get them quicker.

Hope you get your results soon

Theresa xx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I got mine the straight after the scan and took them to my rheumy appointment myself!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Jusst shows the difference in different areas....Everyone seems to have different time scales....well we'll see what tomorrow brings. I usually ask to be copied into all the letters no matter what scan or what hospital so you never know...might get something in the post tomorrow {Fri}
    Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hope you get results soon!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Hileena

Five weeks seems a long time to have waited for a result of a bone density scan. Just as well you are chasing it up - goodness knows where that is hiding. I do hope you hear something soon.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There is a world of difference between areas isn't there? Keep chasing hileena - you shouldn't need to but gawd knows we are none of us living in a perfect world. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks all,
    I had hoped I might hear something toda {before the weekend}. I always ask to be copied into letters from any hospital. No post at all :sad:
    Havent heard from anyone else.
    I did get a call from the hospital yesterday after chasing them and they apologised and said they were a bit behind :roll: but it had gone out now and if i hadnt heard by the beginning of the week get in touch again. Thats why I hoped for some news today......I hope they realise that might have been a silly thing to say to me.....get in touch again if it doesnt arrive :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    i do remember when i had mine done earlier this year at James cook they said there would be a delay....apparently they were doing a lot more scans so this was causing a delay with the results. I got mine a bit quicker because mine was through an oncol department. Hope you get your results soon.