My orthopeadic visit today.

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 24. Sep 2011, 13:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I'm very sore, tired and stiff tonight with after spending the whole afternoon in orthopeadics. It was x-ray, registrar, 2nd x=ray. back to doctor (registrar), then doc who came in with the consultant, student and 2 nurses!
The consultant examined me (the registrar had examined me earlier) again and explained that their was nothing wrong with the bones in my shoulder, which was why I was their, asked me lots of questions and kept 'yes, neuro,' he examined me again and said that my x-rays showed no shoulder problems, but he thinks I should see neuro again. They were nice and friendly, but said that it wasn't his field and the neuro I'd seen before hadn't done much or written anything useful. He did agree with me that the problem was in the neck and not the shoulder. So off I go again, on the hospital merry-go-round.... FED UP. The consultant I saw did say that he had to see me as they are crossing things off to find the cause of the problem and he did say I do have to diagnose by ruling things out. Anyway, thats it for now, I wonder if I do really have anything but mental disorder or something. I won't bother with any more moaning now. Sue

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Sue. Sorry that you've had a frustrating day of being prodded and poked like a specimen today.
    I hope that the neuro lot don't keep you waiting too long..

Right.. One more nosey then sleep...

Best of luck mi dear :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Awww Sue,
    I'm sorry you had such an awful day being prodded and poke etc and what a long time.
    I do know what the hospital merry go round is like and its the same with me......they are diagnosing by rulling things out.
    Anything more in the pipline? Or do you just wait? Yhays the worse part of it...the waiting.
    I didnt know you had an appointment yseterday...I'm sorry pet.
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Sue

hope you are ok this morning after that appointment?

Thing is that sometimes they do see us to eliminate different possibilities....this doesn't mean you are making stuff up or it's in your head at all!!

Neuropathic pain has to do with the nerves and the signals coming from them to the brain. Doesn't mean it's not real. I have neuropathic pain from by back 'going' years ago.

Poor you more docs, more tests :sad:

Hugs

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Firstly, thank you for the support, it does mean a lot to have symapathy from people who have gone through similar situations. :smile: One funny thing is that I took my Kindle with me and when I first sitched it on, it have me a list of hospital stuff, like The Blood Bank etc, but it worked in the end!!!
    Today, I feel a bit sore, but not too bad and I'm having a rest day today, as I feel tired, I'm not used to all the walking and didn't realise just how far apart the departments were. I was on my own, which didn't bother me, as my husband is having allergy tests this week at the hospital and has to have 3 days off, now thats quite a time consumeing bussiness, poor love. In fact I was glad I was on my own as most of the time was waiting in packed waiting areas.
    I wasn't worried about the hospital this time and the result confirmed my own feelings on the cause of my neck and I would have been more unhappy if they had found something and wanted to treat it.
    I'm not sure what comes next, whether they'll ask my GP to refer me to neuro or do it themselves, they've done both in the past, but I'll have to go to see her, as I have another blood test next Wednesday and that needs talking about! Not quite sure what she needs to check again, this is the second with a month apart. She did tell me something needed retesting, but I can't remember!!! I am borderline aneamic, I think with large red blood cells! :roll:
    I must say that the consultant was friendly and seemed interested, he said going wasn't a waste of time and I do have something, but its hard to diagnose and they have rule things out. Well thats enough of me for now, I'm sure you'll be fed-up with reading all this!!! :oops:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    It's a long process isn't it? Seems like it, but I guess their interests is getting the right diagnosis rather than guessing, which I guess is positive for you.

It must be hard just wanting to get on and and help make things better. I hope it happens for you soon.

Sending gentle hugs your way.
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Sue.
    i hope you are feeling better today. i hope you will soon have a answer to how you are feeling,
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I guess they have to check all areas and possibilities, and yes, when you aer on the receiving end it is tiresome, frustrating, painful and upsetting, but better they get to the bottom of things and give you the proper treatment, yes? Rest up today woodbon, be kind to yourself and I hope it eases soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    You really are going through the mill let's hope they come up with some answers soon. I bet you feel like screaming.
    Love
    Vonski x