Arthritis & Rash

Options
NewToThis
NewToThis Member Posts: 25
edited 23. Sep 2011, 06:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all

I finally have my first hospital appt next week & wanted your opinion on something before I go.

I have suspected RA with aches & pains etc. But every now & then I get a rash come up on my arms. Didn't think anything of it as not major & just a small area.BUT I remembered that my sister had something very similar on her legs. She went to see hospital consultants for years but they never knew what it was however RA was also mentioned at one point.

She had a baby a year or so ago & it all miraculously cleared up & nothing since but I realised that my rash looks very similar to hers - little red blotches that almost look like little bits of blood on the skin.

Just wondered if this is something that any of you have experienced?

Many thanks!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Newtothis

there are rashes which can be associated with different types of inflammatory arthritises l believe, such as psoriasis with PA and Adults onset stills can have a rash with it as well.

Just out of interest has your GP seen it and have you considered taking a photo - my symptoms have a habit of not being their on rheumatology appointment days.

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I've no idea, just wanted to welcome you :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • NewToThis
    NewToThis Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks very much! Yep taken a photo in case it's not there & will see what they've got to say on the matter!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Yes, rashes can be an arthritis symptom and what a good idea to take a photo, its bound not to be there on appointment day. Arthritis is a nasty **** and tends to be like that! Now you've taken the photo, the rash will come back for the appointment just to be awkward (my spelling is hopeless today sorry). I hope your appointment gives you some answers and effective meds.
    Love Suexxx