But First Syndrome

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 23. Sep 2011, 17:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have recently been diagnosed with the "But First syndrome". You know, it's when I decide to do the laundry, I start down the hall and notice the newspaper on the table. OK, I'm going to do the laundry.....

BUT FIRST
I'm going to read the newspaper . Then, I notice the mail on the table. OK, I'll just put the newspaper in the recycle stack.....

BUT FIRST
I'll look through that pile of mail and see if there are any bills to be paid. Yes, now where's the checkbook? Oop's..... there's the empty glass from yesterday on the coffee table. I'm going to look for that checkbook.....

BUT FIRST
I need to put the glass in the sink. I head for the kitchen, look out the window, notice my poor flowers need a drink of water. I put the glass in the sink, and darn it, there's the remote for the TV on the kitchen counter. What's it doing here? I'll just put it away.....

BUT FIRST
I need to water those plants.. Head for the door and..... Aaaagh! Tripped over the cat! Cat needs to be fed. Okay, I'll put that remote away and water the plants.....

BUT FIRST
I need to feed the cat.....

End of day; Laundry is not done, newspapers are still on the floor, glass is still in the sink, bills are unpaid, checkbook is still lost, and the cat ate the remote control.....

And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done all day, I'm baffled :roll:

I fear this syndrome might be spreading because I think Del had a dose of it yesterday when he fell asleep for 3 hours. It's already attacked me this morning when I was intending to do some housework.............

BUT FIRST..........I came on here just for a few minutes, and now half an hour has gone by. :roll: :lol:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    was wondering what it was must be traveling through cyber space was going to wash dishes but first need shower (did manage that today ) then will do dishes now but first ought to go supermarket (we have no milk ) got there put shopping away now those dishes **** them mug of tea and see what all my pals are doing lol dishes will get done at tea time if the washing up fairy does not do them lol is that a pig flying over there
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Joan
    I was going to reply to your thread,but first I must go and .......
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Hi Joan

d050.gif

d050.gifd050.gif
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    But first! is a well known man's excuse me and this thread is blatantly sexist!!
  • joanlawson
    Hi Joan

Well, what did you do :?:........But first, before you answer, thanks for making me laugh :lol:
  • joanlawson
    valval wrote:

is that a pig flying over there

Yes :!: :lol:

PigFly.gif

You've definitely got the same syndrome, Val :lol:
  • joanlawson
    mellman01 wrote:
    But first! is a well known man's excuse me and this thread is blatantly sexist!!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    I think I too suffer from it, thank you now ihave a diagnosis. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • joanlawson
    Ankyspond wrote:
    I think I too suffer from it, thank you now ihave a diagnosis. Xx

Anky, as a teacher, you will have this syndrome for life, I'm sorry to say. There's always a hundred things to do, so you never know what to do first.