Needing some TLC!

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 23. Sep 2011, 10:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone.

Not been on for a while. Have actually been okay since my really bad flare up in June, but I think I'm having another one.

Had a really bad cold last week which I can't seem to shake and suffering a great deal from fatigue and a sore back at the moment.

I have my consulant appointment in a couple of weeks, but have booked an appointment with the doctor in the meantime.

How does anyone else handle fatigue as it seems to be worst thing affecting me at the moment.

Pain wise I am okay, apart from my back!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rest when you can it some times happens before a flare ((())) sorry you not to well hope doc appointment goes well val
    val
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Only thing you can do is give in and rest, I have fought it and not rested and maked myself so much worse. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    Like you I get very tired, and I do find it very hard to cope with, Iv have always been so active.
    The only thing I can recommend is having a nap when you can, I hated going to bed in the afternoon, but recently I have give in, but I must say I do feel a lot better for it
    I do hope you feel better very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Awwwww Debra sorry to hear your having another flare so soon :(

Like others have said, just try as much as is possible to rest , take naps whenever time allows and just take it easy sweets :)

I am new to all this, and not properly diagnosed yet, but i get soooo tired, i sleep mostly around lunchtime and by 9.30 im done in....and sleep till 7.30...unless pain wakes me up..so i can sleep for uk lol....its best thing for your body while your trying to get over this flare.

Have a warm bath/shower and take yourself off to bed early if you can, it may make you feel bit better.

Hope your doc appt goes well too...let us know.... :)

Hope it does, here are some (((hugs)))) for you.

Love Senna xxxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Debra.
    i hope you will feel better soon. it wears you out you ache all over.
    ((((((((debra)))))))) joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Fatigue is the pits sometimes isn't it? I hate those days where I've managed a full nights sleep and still feel like I've not been to bed.

As the others say though, rest is the key, and making sure you have plenty of good food and drinks to keep you properly hydrated and fed well. Makes fatigue so much worse if you don't eat well, even though fatigue often means you don't feel like eating in the first place!

Sending hugs, and lots of TLC!
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..