Tonsillitis

Options
angie1973
angie1973 Member Posts: 248
edited 28. Sep 2011, 04:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is anyone else on here a tonsillitis sufferer?

I have had it regularly for about 10 years now and it's getting more frequent.

It used to be my once a year thing, but I've had it twice this year already and my throat is raging now and I one side is swelling up again so I just see another dose coming.

How many of these episodes need to happen before they whip em out?

It's driving me mad and costs me almost a week off work each time. It's daft as I never have time off work for fibro or arthur related stuff, but this completely knocks me off my feet.

I hate feeling like I've swallowed barbed wire...... :x

Moan over anyway - sorry folks!! Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I currently am enjoying a bout of pharyngitis (my first), tonsils like footballs and a throat lined with barbed wire. They do not remove tonsils as a matter of routine now, do they, summat to do with white blood cells I think but I could be wrong. Given that you repeatedly have this trouble take a tip from me: go and give your GP a full-on French kiss, once they go down with it they might rethink their position, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angie1973
    Options
    Ohhhh errrr missus!! I'll have to pick a dishy doc for that kind of mission!!

I wouldn't mind, but I felt really, really poorly with it, and I know they say eat plenty and drink plenty, but when it comes it's hell, and I can't even swallow my own saliva never mind bloomin water.

Then it's three days of bed and no food and little water which makes the tiredness etc worse doesn't it, so I'm really hoping I can ask them nicely since it's three times this year already can I please ask to be considered...

French kissing...... you've made me giggle, out loud, in my office, where they are all dead quiet.... you naughty woman!!

hope you too feel better soon pet, not nice sore throats! It explains the headache though on top of my neck pain...grrrrr!

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I forgot to say I am on some sort of penicillin and off the humira and meth as a result. I am six tablets in and feeling a little better. As for the doc, well close your eyes and pretend he (or she) is the person of your fantasies. It'll work, promise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    isn't that how french babies are made :shock: :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Normal means you are run down!!!! Have you tried eating plain yoghurt and honey when it first starts??? Apparently the bacteria in the plain yoghurt eats the bacteria of a score throat and if eaten early enough can prevent tonsillitis and a lot cheaper to buy.
  • angie1973
    Options
    Good tip on the yoghurt. Funny, I've been having natural yoghurt with granola these past two weeks and the strange thing is, my tonsils all swelled up and were looking pretty bad, but have subsided over the weekend. I still have swollen glands in my neck but nothing like I normally get.

It usually wipes me out completely for 3-4 days, but this one seems to have settled, so a very mild dose by all accounts.

I'm not saying any more in case I curse myself, but you never know with the yoghurt thing.

Hopefully you won't get any more doses Del, and DD I sincerely hope you are feeling lots better too. I can't have penicillin so I have to have the other version, but it usually works.

Anyway, happy to report feeling a lot better today, and am keeping the fingers crossed too Del, that mine is nothing more too.

Ange..xx

• tjt6768
    Options
    angie1973 wrote:
    Good tip on the yoghurt. Funny, I've been having natural yoghurt with granola these past two weeks and the strange thing is, my tonsils all swelled up and were looking pretty bad, but have subsided over the weekend. I still have swollen glands in my neck but nothing like I normally get.

It usually wipes me out completely for 3-4 days, but this one seems to have settled, so a very mild dose by all accounts.

I'm not saying any more in case I curse myself, but you never know with the yoghurt thing.

Hopefully you won't get any more doses Del, and DD I sincerely hope you are feeling lots better too. I can't have penicillin so I have to have the other version, but it usually works.

Anyway, happy to report feeling a lot better today, and am keeping the fingers crossed too Del, that mine is nothing more too.

Ange..xx

How's the tonsils doing?
    Hope that you are feeling better today :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Plain yoghurt only works if you start eating it at the start of infection.. Hope you are feeling better today.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Just thought i'd drop in and see how you were.. Hope you are slowly on the mend..

French kissing the doctor made me chuckle..DD is full of great ideas.. :wink:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • angie1973
    Options
    Hi guys and gals,

Tonsils seem to be OK (she says touching wood, throwing salt and seeking out a couple of magpies).

I think I escaped with a mild dose which is good, as I was dreading the old three days of swallowing hell and feeling like a bulldozed hedgehog. Not that I've ever interviewed road kill, but I imagine it's not pleasant.

Either way, I'm thankful of a lucky escape this time. You know what it's like, you have arthur, and as I work full time too, I have to manage my time, my energy and my lack of sleep well, as I don't get to make up for it by sleeping, that is one luxury that is not mine I'm afraid.

So, I think I end up at a point where my body goes into enforced shutdown as I get so run down from just being awake! Two kids, an artistic, wonderful, but sometimes stressed husband, and a full time job are enough to keep most people busy, but chuck a rubbish neck, two failing knees, sore hands and a throbbing toe into the mix with around 3 -4 hours sleep, then you are asking for trouble!!

One day I will start playing the lottery and hoping I strike lucky - but then they will have probably invented flying pigs by then - :grin:

• tjt6768
    Options
    just a heads up... Ra invented the flying pig back in 1984, but it was all covered up...
    So, get some lotto bought hun :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP