florida hols with mega pain!

Options
liesa
liesa Member Posts: 821
edited 24. Sep 2011, 13:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
just back after 2 weeks in the gorgeous floridian sunshine... had mega pain in my right knee so badly i was in tears, i even bought myself a walking stick, i had got to the point where i thought i should go to the hospital to get it checked out but didnt go, its such a rigmarol with insurances etc... had problems one year being taken from immigration due to unknown to me major gall stone flare up!! and $4,000 bill, thank goodness for insurance which i wouldnt dream of going without....

but my knee there was no rhyme or reason for it to hurt as much as it did, we messed about gently in the pool everyday, didnt walk anywhere, wished i had gone to the hospital i bet they wouldve done a CT scan and found the cause...
i went to see my Gp this morning and he just gave me piroxicam.. useless gel... and tramadol... i bought some 'SALONPAS' pain relieving patches... theyre amazing
cant use the big ones as they burn me... but the ultra this comfort stretch plaster type patches are so good.... so dont wanna stop using them to try the useless gel...
must admit i was dreading the 8 hour flight home with my knee bent but it was almost perfect, not as bad now im home....
love and hugs
8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Arthritis doe not need rhyme nor reason, though I would have thought the flight to Florida might be connected to its flaring. I am sorry you had such a miserable time, I hope things ease soon and that you begin to feel a little better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • liesa
    Options
    i woke up at 6am with terrible pain and hot calf
    spent the morning at the A&E with severe pain in the calf of the tkr leg very hot could barely walk on it .... i lost my mum through a DVT so didnt wanna take any chances they ruled out blood clot with scans but still dont know the cause, they said it could be the blood pressure meds amalodapine
    now having to rest keep elevated....
    love and hugs
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I was on amlodopine for a few years, it wasn't a pleasant time, I never felt actually 'ill' but I felt a deal better in myself when I came off it. Mr DD tried it and his legs swelled - as with all meds, it suits some and not others. I hope it's the culprit and you can change to another. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You did the sensible thing, Liesa, with bad calf pain when you’re hot off a transatlantic flight, especially given what happened to your Mum.

Good news that it’s not DVT. I hope the elevation helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Leisa,

So sorry you lost your mum to DVT. I did too.Massive shock. I also think you did the right thing going to A&E. You can't take chances and the signs were pointing to possible DVT.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • liesa
    Options
    thanks all... bored stiff with my leg high! lol

got the right knee hurting left knee as always tender and painful and now calf trouble.... i always wonder why i have to have 2 bp meds... dont understand...
    love and hugs