more tests...

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 31. Oct 2011, 04:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well had my MOT at hospital...not for arther but cancer.... Have been getting headaches on and off for months ...i think it is meds but they are sending me for ct and mri with dyes on my brain... I know this sounds stupid but i am sure nothing is wrong and part of me feels it such a waste of money and my time. Hubby is of the view i need to go and i am not the doctor. I know i should be grateful they keep such a close eye on me but would rather not. Now to tell work...that will empress them especially as i am working one to one with a child with challenging behaviour.... wonder who they will find to do my job when i am not there :smile::smile::smile::smile: could be funny.... for them.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lupin,

Really hope you get the tests through soon and your proved right. Leaving you a ((( ))), a nice to see you and a hope. Cris x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Have the tests need to put everyones mind at rest.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Given your history your OH is absolutely right, but I can also see it from your point of view: yes it is tedious but surely it's better to be safe (and bored) than sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hoping you get the results you want, 'better to be safe than sorry'. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I, too, have a husband who's always reminding me I'm not a doc, Lupin15. It can be very tempting to do a DIY thing on diagnosing and prescribing but it's not good to take chances when the real docs are wanting scans. Apart from any other considerations, your husband needs the reassurance that only the scans can give.

For years, after I had breast cancer, I used to hate the routine mammogram tests coming up. I felt fine. I was sure I was fine but those tests seemed to be a potential threat. Now they don't bother me at all. They probably are unnecessary and maybe a waste of money but knowledge is power and I'm grateful for them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Lupes, I know that you probably also feel totally fed up with hospitals too, but you know it's for the best hun.
    You been ok hun?

Look after yourself. :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    Options
    Umm thinking of ways of getting out of it.......but will go. The laugh is the blasted headaches i have had for months have all but gone... Oh well best shave my bum really for the brain scan :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I should shave all your other bits too just in case :shock:

Hope the tests go well and that they are a waste of money :grin:

Keep up posted Lupin,

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    lol.. It's great to see you are still as mad as ever :wink::lol:

Oh well best shave my bum really for the brain scan :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:[/quote]
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    Options
    Well off to hospital in a min for ct with dyes..... not keep on the after effect of this one.... Now don't laugh and the people that have this test done will know...When they put the dye in...you feel like you have wet yourself.....lovely. No matter what they say the first thing you do as you sit up is............. yes check yourself. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    :lol: Least your laughing luvie..
    Be thinking of you...xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Glad you are going.....set your mind and everyone elses at rest

Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Lupin,
    Well with luck it will all be over by now and you have managed to ‘check yourself’.... :grin:

It is for the best that you have these appointments as it will give both you and your hubby peace of mind.

You take care of yourself,
    Lv, I x
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Hope the tests show nothing bad and it is all to do with the meds.
    xxx

(This is my first post for supporting other people)
  • lupin15
    Options
    Well got to the hospital early and sat patiently in the waiting room when one of the nurses came out and sat beside me.....strange i thought what is going on!!!!! I am ever so sorry.....she started the appointment has been cancelled did no one tell you??? Obviously not as i was here ....bit of a stupid question really. :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: The long and short of it was there was no point in having an CT scan and a MRI scan..(must admit i thought it was a little odd but assumed there was strange reason for it.)
    Must admit i am glad i did not have to experience the the wetting myself not feeling. Oh well next week is the MRI scan....the real thing???
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Cancelled??

Oh dear, so you went all the way over there for nothing..sorry about that luvie..
    Mri next week asa you say, no wetting yourself feeling lol..
    Will be with you next week..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • lupin15
    Options
    well mri scan today.....just sorting out stuff i can wear....do not want to wear one of their gowns.. so i have my swimming sort and makeup removers in my bag so when i get to the hospital i can change into it ( for the lads you cannot wear a bra...(metal)) and as i am lopsided i cannot really go without a bra. AND NO i am not just going to be wearing my swimming suit it will be under my clothes :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ( I just know someone will say something otherwise :wink::wink: ). Just hope i can fall asleep again like last time...hehehe
  • hileena111
    Options
    Good Luck with the scan today

Love
    Hileena
  • lupin15
    Options
    Test done..... now my veiw is if i do not hear anything from the hospital by the end of the month it will mean my test showed nothing and i will be clear and i would also be right....will try not to be smug when i see the doctor next.... :lol::lol:
  • lalla
    lalla Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Hope all has gone well(((()))) take care Linda
  • lupin15
    Options
    Will do and thanks.
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Glad that you did get the scans done today. Hope it turns out to be nothing major to worry about..

Marion x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad that is over and done with now......hope there is nothing to worry about. Who referred you for the scan.....I think after I left it for a while I would ring them or their secretary {if it was a consultant} and check on the results to be on the safe side....but I'm sure everything will be OK
    Love
    Hileena
  • lupin15
    Options
    Good news folks the scan was clear...they found no brain.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Only one problem now a lump has appeared above my collar bone. Have had had it for three weeks , tried to ignore it... asked a friend yesterday whether she could see it just to make sure... well my eye sight is rubbish and wanted to make sure. :smile::smile::smile: . Best phone doctors tomorrow to see what they think. Never a dull moment in my house.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so pleased to hear that the scan was OK, that must have been a huge relief for you. Get that lump checked too - and the sooner the better. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben