ATOS medical results

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 25. Sep 2011, 09:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have got my result letter from the atos medical there is no change i am still in the work related activity group , and must take part in the work focust interviews , joy oh jolly joy :roll:
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: sorry wonder what they will find for you that you will be able to do ???? ((())) val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 24. Sep 2011, 12:50
    Options
    Oh Berty what can I say.....they are master at these interview's....they try to get you to jump through hoops...and if you refuse....then its no...like the drowning of witches really....sorry I am fuming for you.....will you try again or have they beaten you down..
    Here are some hugs for you ((((())))...wish I could offer more
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    berty I am sorry about the atos result. I really don't know what to say so I will just send a hug ((((((())))))

Juliepf x
  • bertyboy
    Options
    it really didnt come as a suprise , but as you say Barbara it will be interesting on what jobs they come up with , maybe i can work with the street buskers as a dancer , if my dancing is as good as their playing we will make a mint [ that will be a polo ] as for what to do now i havent got a clue :roll:
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi I am so sorry tohear of your result :(

Like barbara says what kind of a job can you do!? Its so ridiculous, they are just passing everyone so they get paid a fee, then not caring how that person is even going to find work...

I have sent back my questionaire form, so no doubt ill be called too...i think they will be amazed as i have listed everything that is wrong with me, from polyarthritis in 12 joints, to hemiplegic migraine, where left side goes numb for 3 hours or more at a time, degenerative discs in 4 places in lumbar, im also hypermobile in joints whioch causes me pain and i have major bladder issues where i cant hold my water regualry...they will probably think im making it all up as they will tell me im fit for work too...as i say the whole atos thing is a JOKE!

I wanted to reply as i was going to say have you thought of appealing? That is what i will do if i get told your result, as there are very little jobs ( if any) for people with arthritis to do...the painkillers and drugs alone cause side effects and can impair working, let alone pain, stiffness, tender, achy, burning joints...

I dont knwo if you want to go down this route, but i did read that many people who do appeal get their desicion overturned...so thought id mention it to you :)

Let us know...and again i have no idea why they want you back at work....

sighs!

Love senna xxxx (((hug))))
  • bertyboy
    Options
    thanks senna at the moment my mind needs to concentrate on my op on Monday , which they know i am going for , but from what i have gathered from info uncle arther is not a lift threatening illness , so i am still in with a chance :roll: of work of some sort hay -ho

ps its not that i dont want to return to work at some point i hope i do , but how many firms would take me on would i be covered for accidents and the like :roll:
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    I completely hear you - I too would like to be able to go back to work one day,for me, at the moment i just do not feel physically able too, and the amount of drugs i am on, which makes me so drowsy in daytime i would be a liability to myself and others.

Its a tough one when you weigh up the insurance /accident thing at work...so hard isnt it? and they dont make it easier for us either ( atos) i mean!

also hun, good luck with op on monday, will be thinking of you - here is to a speedy recovery and (((hugs))) to see you through :)

Take care of you Love senna xxxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    bloody hell. They make me so angry. I'm sorry that this had been the outcome. As you say, as long as they get paid they don't care... They even hassled Janet while she was on the sick last year and she had a job :???: :roll:
    I've recently sent in my form too. Dreading what comes next, really not helping the depression and stress which is keeping the ibs in permanent flare mode.

It's a joke, the whole fiddled system.. Just so some private company makes millions from our misery. Thing is, I bet they leave the junkies and alkies alone :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Bertygirl

Not the best result in the world and actually very funny when you think they expect you do do these work related activities while having surgery, BUT

as we both know and many others on here do too......could have been worse.

They are really naughty and make me CROSS :evil

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    What a waste of money the Atos thing is it must cost the government a fortune to assess all of us. I'd love to go back to work and I miss the company and the simple outside of the house contact with different people. The jokes and the gossip and everything about it. It would be wonderful to be able to take part in work activities. Until I stopped working, didn't realise just what a big part of my life work took up and kept me fulfilled. Now thats gone, I've lost a lot of pride and dignity.

The government and Atos seem to think that this is a life choice rather than a life sentence. I hate it when meeting a new person and the first question is 'and what work do you do?' I feel my dignity is lost when I mumble, 'retired early through ill health'.

Sorry, I'm moaning on here and being negative,which does no-one any good. Lots of love Sue.xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Berty,

I am so sorry that you have had this added and needless stress. One step at a time and as you say concentrate on your operation and recovery first and foremost.

Fingers crossed for you,

Lv, I x