Hello all I'm back!!!!

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 26. Sep 2011, 10:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wow what a job that was, still I'm feeling much much better today.
Had a decent wash on perching stool and sorted me washing out (lost control of waterworks for a bit there :shock:)
Apparently the 'cup' bit of the re-surface was too big for my pelvis (doc said I have small one but you'd never guess looking at me :lol:)
so it's rubbed my hip socket and made it all rough which is why Doc did the bone graft. Had a look on the x-rays and it looks like a meccano set with all the screws in it.
Don't care what they've done it feels much better already and apart from operstion pain I'm great. Minimal weight bearing for 6 weeks but I can cope with that.
Hubby didn't like the carers at first but he's getting used to them, he'll have too I'm not going back to all that now it's sorted so all in all it's looking good
I want to thank you all for your support and good wishes it's really appreciated
Special thanks to DD, for all her help and support while I was out of action
Nite nite all

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done he will have to put up with the carers you got to get sorted before you start or will undo all the good work val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh daylilly
    I am so please for you, what a difference it will make to your life, you have gone through so much....now you be careful and carry on improving
    Has for the carers it is hard at the beginning...they are strangers but like you say he is getting used
    Oh I am so happy for you.. :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good on yer gal.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    That sounds very good and you sound so positive, Daylily.

I'm so pleased things are going well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing well.
    Best wishes,
    Anita.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey! It's great to have you back with us daylily, and I am so pleased to hear that you can already feel some benefit as a result of the doc playing with his Meccano set. I am also pleased that you are determined to carry on with the carers - that is so important for you and (I hope I don't sound too heartless) Mr DL will have to adjust. He may well not realise the impact his health has on yours but you DO have to put yourself first now, for both your sakes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Daylily I am so pleased that you are back and that you hip is feeling so much better already :grin:
    Just be careful for the next couple of weeks
    Take care of yourself
    Love Juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Daylily, so pleased you are home again with a care package in place, of course the "carers" service will be nothing like your caring but needs must and you have to think of yourself at the moment. So you stand your ground, well not too much as you must only be doing minimal weight bearing, but you know what I mean. :smile: Good news that already you are in much less pain and that will improve as time goes on.

Do keep us informed and most of all look after yourself,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Daylily,

Oh you have made my day popping in and saying hello. Great news that you are starting to feel a little better in yourself and it will be a relief that your husband is settling into his new routine. Good for you for sticking to your guns on that one.

You take care of yourself Anne and I hope to hear that things have turned a corner for you both and life will have improved even more over the next few weeks.

Lv, I x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello daylily, I hope all is as well as it can be for the pair of you (but you especially). I am thinking of you. DD
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hello DD, I am feeling so much better. Once the non weight bearing thing is finished with I am sure I'll soon be back to 'normal'

Hubby bless him is still refusing to let the carers wash him, they tried starting with his back but he wasn't having any of it. He is however getting used to them all now so hopefully he will let them do him bit by bit. I feel sorry for him really, it cannot be easy with the confusion of the dementia and all these changes coming at once. He is a very special man and struggles to understand everything.

My hip feels great actually, probably the pain killers, district nurse came today but did not disturb the dressing as it was dry and clean, Staples come out next week.. Onwards and upwards... Having to stop myself doing things, keep telling myself it doesn't matter if the flat is untidy for a bit.
    Hope you are all enjoying the sun, isn't it wonderful to see the blue skies after this dismal summer.

Take care all
    xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How great to hear your hip feels great! Wow, what a lovely thing and who cares if that is down to the dullers? They are helping and that is what counts.

I am sure Mr DL will get used to things, of course it is a deal of change for him in a very short time but at least you are at home with him and that may help him to understand what is happening. Poor man, this cannot be easy for him (or you) but your needs are paramount at the moment. And will be for the forseeable future. ((())) DD