Expert Patient?

flowerpot
flowerpot Member Posts: 53
edited 26. Sep 2011, 10:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Afternoon All,

While I was sat waiting to see the Physio I spotted a poster for the NHS run Expert patients service, to help those with chronic conditions get on with their lives. I just wondered if anyone had any feedback on them. I am not eligible for the pain clinic but notice they do a persistent pain programme which might be of some value.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My health authority no longer run them due to cost: I wanted to do one, was on a waiting list for a while, but now there is no chance. If you have the opportunity, take it. I have done a two week course with AC on coping with pain and that was really helpful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Hi I did an EPP a while ago.
    It was very good for motivation and setting realistic exercise targets.
    By realistic I mean all one lady had to do was stand near her chair and just lift her feet a few times several times a day.
    The main thing is that YOU are the one setting the targets and you really feel better once you have achieved those targets.
    Very good course for boosting self confidence which we all know takes a knocking with the loss of mobility and the constant pain.
    It's also good to meet other people in the same situation although the range of illnesses was many and varied.
    I'd give it a go if you get the chance.
  • flowerpot
    flowerpot Member Posts: 53
    Thanks,

looks like they don't do them in my area either, but do do them online which I don't feel will be the same but has to be better than nothing. Just have to wait for them to contact me now.