Oh joy of joy’s

Options
ironic
ironic Member Posts: 2,361
edited 30. Sep 2011, 11:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
A couple of weeks ago I felt bit off and really tired and then a week last Friday I thought I had pulled a stomach muscle. It was one of those that niggled and irritated and if I sat for even a short time it seemed worse. Then last Wednesday I got a small rash on my tummy, well ever the optimist I thought dam bites. By this Friday I just felt something was not right and I managed to get an appointment with my doctor.
The upshot was that I have shingles----lovely. Happily the rash has more or less stayed put and now I am on gabapentin and antiviviral meds. I feel a wall chart coming on as that is another 7 tablets to fit in during the day. :roll:

The bright side is that I had to cancel my dental appointment so not all bad! :grin:

Hugs to those who need them.

Lv, I x

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear I what a horrible thing to get hope it doesn't last long and you are soon back to your old self.
    Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dea Ironic,

I am so sorry to hear that you have developed shingles. I have not had that but I know people who have and it can be very painful. Let's hope the meds sort it out fairly quickly for you. I think a wall chart may well be in order with so many extra tablets on top of your normal ones. See, even though you are suffering, you have thought of something positive, no dentist appointment. :smile:

Sending lots of hugs back to you and very gentle ones.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Ooooh dear, that's very painful, so I am told. I hope that you will make a speedy recovery.

get_well_soon_purple_flower.jpg

Best wishes from Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    will skip the hug just in case do hope things better soon cyber ((())) so will not catch lol val
    val
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Ohhhhh, nasty bug. It does attack people who are under par.
    Hope the pills for it work soon
    Take care
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh no, how blasted unpleasant, I sincerely hope it has been caught in time, Ironic. I am currently on penicillin so off meth etc - I know the views on this vary up and down the country but you when you think about it, it makes sense to stop the immuno-suppressants, doesn't it? Anyhoo, I wish you well, I hope things soon start to improve and you start to feel better. I wish you well. DD

PS Daisy says 'beep-beep'!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    So sorry to hear that hope you feel better soon. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh dear Ironic

I am glad you decided to go to the doctor as
    Shingles can be very painful.
    I hope the meds take effect soon and wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Dear I,
    I'm so sorry to hear that....apparently it can be such a sore thing...I dont know...never have had it, Thank goodness.
    I wont be one of those people that we all love and say Oh yes I had that in my big toe but its gone now :lol::lol::lol:
    So just sending you lots of gentle husgs ((((((()))))))
    Love
    Hileena
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Ooh , poor you ; luckily I've never been afflicted by that but hear it can be very uncomfortable . Rest lots and hope those extra pills nip it in the bud smartish . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Best wishes from me, too, Ironic. Never done shingles and would like it to stay that way. Hope it doesn't hang around long.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Ironic.
    i'm sorry you have shingle's i hope the pain's not too bad.
    i bet you were pleased to miss the dentist.
    take care ((((((((ironic))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm really sorry to read you have shingles. I know it can be very painful. Its awful that you have had yet another nasty thing to deal with on top of everything else.

hugs and best wishes to you....(((( ))))

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ironic
    Options
    Hello and thank you all so much for replying, it really does help getting so many good wishes and support.

Vonski thank you and may I say that it is wonderful to see you back and I hope things improve for you very soon.

Elna, I know you cannot read this but bless you for your message, I am thinking of you today.

Hi Joan, thank you so much for your good wishes. It is not a nice thing to have but hopefully the tablets will shorten the length of time it hangs about.

Ah Lynn yes the sandpit is always a welcome sight, you know me too well. :lol:
    Well the gabapentin worked last night as I slept for 8 hours, that is a wonder for me as I never sleep through!
    Yes pass the crayons over, by oversleeping I have already made a mess of the first timetable. :roll:

Hi Val,
    Oops forgot about the hug thing, I hope you are feeling a little better and not overdoing things again.

Daylily, nice to see you posting more and it was great to hear that you are starting to get on the road to recovery, love the image of the stockings and the paddle in the bath. Well done you.

Well DD, as I had already taken the mtx on the Thursday before I saw the doctor he said as I had not come out with lots more spots I should carry on with the mtx. I have a feeling that being the age I am that I might just “forget” to take them on Thursday. :wink:
    Oh and beep beep back from Jessicar.

Hi Anky, hope the walls have dried out for you and you have chosen the wallpaper and managed to keep hubby away from the sample book! :roll:

Hi Julie, yes fingers crossed I see some improvement soon. Must admit the painkillers are working well.
    I will be in your pocket on the 5th . can’t forget that as it is my brothers birthday.

Hi Hileena,
    No it is not a great thing to have, but I do look the part in a baggy top and track bottoms. I can’t stand anything rubbing on it. See you have that delightful image in your head now :shock: ....thanks for the hugs

Hello Jilly, yes will be having a rest today, and the sun is out so I will be able to sit outside and read a book. So not all bad as I am not used to just putting my feet up.

Hi sticky, gosh, I hope you never get it too, not a nice thing to have at all. You should be alright living on a roof as you do. :lol: Mind you not sure about the slightly chewed biscuits you have but hey ho needs must.

Hello Joan, yes I am glad I missed the dentist he was going to take a tooth out!!! Will have to wait for that delight for a while I think. I have the painkillers and at the moment they are working well. How are you doing with the ankle and foot? Can you get out and about more?

Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you for the hugs and best wishes, it’s fitting in all the extra tablets that making my head ache. Oh well it will come to an end and that is the main thing. Bless you for calling in when I know you have so much on your plate at the moment.

Thank you all once again, I am off now for the next tablet round,

Lv, I x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi there i do hope it settles soon ive heard its very painful pleased you went to dr as the meds sound to be working well x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi I,

i am sorry flower its a horrible thing shingles! Hope it stays well away from your face though.... a friend of mine had it and well just be careful and don't rub your face if you have touched the rahs thing....

Happy little messenger today aren't I?!

leaving you a hope it will not make you feel too tired, another box o hopes it clears up soon and just cus its you also the manky drake, Sis and Flying duck for dinner. ((((( ))))) and love Cris xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Morning Ironic,

Hope it's going as well as possible for you.

Yup, I think I shall stay here on the roof 'til it's all over & done with.

Chucking you a non-itch potion down. better catch it before Slurps & Haz get close.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I have just seen this, you poor thing, it is so painful..but then you will know this..Im so glad you got the antiviral ..quicker the better...now you get some rest..and I really do hope you feel better very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    Options
    Hi, Lynn, Berty, Sticky, Cris and Barbara.

Thankfully I only got a few extra spots on my back and the meds and good old calamine seem to be working. Its the sitting that is a bit of a problem still, but thats nothing compared to last weekend.
    I have been in splendid isolation all week and enjoyed this wonderful weather by having an hour or so with my feet up on the swing. I have actually read a book for the first time in ages. :grin: Yes I have had 3 good full nights sleep which is practically unheard of for me. I feel so much better for it.

As for the baggy outfit I can recommend it, it hides a multitude of sins. :wink:
    I have been so very careful not to rub my eyes and when I waft my hands about there is a distinct smell of anti-bacteria soap!! :oops:
    Thanks Sicky for the non itch potion even if it is slightly soggy and has a few teeth marks on it.

I have been out for the first time today to get my bloods taken, how exciting is that? :grin: the nurse said that as the blisters are drying up and they are covered by my clothes I will not be as contagious as those poor people who have them on their arms and face. But I will be keeping myself well away from everyone for a while yet. Sadly I have had to tell my mum that I cant get to see her this weekend for her 93rd birthday but she has the rest of the family going so I don’t feel so bad about it.

Thanks so much for all your support, it really does help.
    Lv, I x