AT LAST!!!! BONE SCAN RESULTS

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 28. Sep 2011, 16:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Got a copy letter from the hospital today about the results...dont understand most of it....a lot of figures and my GP wont be back until Mon....earliest appointment with another doc would be Fri....so might as well wait and see her.
The consultants comments at the bottom of the letter

"Normal Hip density. Lumbar spin images uninterpretable due to severe spondylosis. Change in bone mineral density of -5.6% at hip and +0.9% in lumbar spine since previous scan June 2005. Fall in density at the hip is significant. Change in density in the spine is within DEXA precision error and is thus not significant. Following discussion with Dr Grove {???} Consultant Rheumy I would suggest lifestyle advice only."

Well that last bit sounds good....no more tablets...no alendoronic acid :lol: but to me the beginning is a bit contradictary.........Lumbar spine images uninterpretable....then goes on to say "change in spine within dexa and not significant?????"
The top bit is word for word what was written on the letter....bottom part is me rambling :lol:

So I'm chasing appointments again :lol::lol: Remember the generalist ...he said he wanted me to have an ERCP and would refer me to another conultant. I saw him on a Tuesday and he hoped to get me into this consultants clinic on the following Mon ...just for a consultation.....I didnt think I had any chance but still havent even got a letter from any of them to give me a date [no matter how far ahead it is] So I've left a message on the generalists secretarys answer phone......She MIGHT ring me back :lol::lol:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well i have no idea what you just said luvie... lol..
    So i can't really comment..
    Hope it means good news..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'm not even going to try to interpret Hileena. I don't speak Medic well. I just hope it's good news at last.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am in the process of learning Doctor but have a way to go yet. Haven't a clue Hileena, as long as you are feeling OK then that is what matters! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I havent a clue either......just I have rattled on about not having the results so thought i would say at last they are through....now have to wait until Mon to see the doc :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hileena after reading your post I thought how can I reply I have no Idea what it all means :oops:

Then I saw everyone elses reply and thought phew I am not the only one. :lol:

Whatever it means I have my fingers crossed that when translated it is good news. :grin:

juliepf x
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Yup. That's about got me too.

I hope it's good news...

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    What to say about this, lost like everyone else. I read a bit and think I know what that means read a bit more and I don't have a clue. no surprise there then :smile: Hope you get a good answer on Monday that makes sense of it all, don't think I'm making any sense at all must be this sun:wink:
    Love
    Yvonne x
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hope you get it all explained by doc on monday and that it's good.

Sue x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks everyone.....I know no more about it than any of you do :lol::lol:

I just felt that since I had moaned so much about not getting the results I better say I had got them. So GP on Monday and I'll ask her to translate. :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    I have no idea what any of that meant but lets hope it's good news.
    Anita.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Hileena,
    Gosh that gives you a headache reading that. As clear as mud really! Has the generalist come back to you yet?

Good luck for Monday and lets hope she can fathom it.
    Lv, I x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi I
    No gthe generalist didnt come to me.....I chased them up and his secretary said i had been referred to this other consultant the day he saw me

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    When I read my back scan , it was so scary, but the consultant looked at it and said, well if things change then it will be surgery... :eek: then he saw my colour change and said its not has bad has it reads... :???:
    So I just leave um to it, its about time you got some answers and hopefully next week you will..
    Will be thinking about you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Barbara.....should get some answers from the GP

Love
    Hileena