Pillows for Cervical Spondylosis

Options
YorkshireLass
YorkshireLass Member Posts: 60
edited 27. Sep 2011, 17:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a pillow for CS, I've heard there are special ones to be bought and when I Googled them there were too many to choose from.

Have any of you got one, what do you think to them and which do you think are best??

YL

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is a topic that comes up fairly regularly, YorkshireLass, and there seems to be no consensus. I, and several others, swear by the shaped, memory foam ones but others dislike them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Ey up lass. :grin:
    I've not got the same as you but is it support type pillow you mean? I've got OA in my lower spine and knees, I use a 5ft feather bolster on a night. Lay on my side with one leg draped over it so it's supporting between my knees etc.
    Not sure if it's what you are on about but they're really good for comfort. I can't sleep without mine now.
    If it's nothing like what you are on about, sorry, lol..
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sandysue
    sandysue Member Posts: 25
    Options
    I find using no pillow or a very flat pillow best for me, but everyone's different.
  • YorkshireLass
    edited 27. Sep 2011, 09:15
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that was quick!!!

I did use a memory foam pillow but found it too hard and uncomfortable, I have just changed to an ordinary pillow which is really soft and comfy but am hoping it doesn't make things worse.

I must admit I am a bit like SandySue, I tend to work my way down during the night and sleep flat on the mattress, well a topper to be precise. I suppose it's a matter of what is best for the individual, without making things worse.

Tony...........I've got one of those, I call him my husband :lol:

YL
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't have neck trouble but do use a memory foam traditional-shaped pillow. Everyone is different in what they like and dislike and what suits one may not suit another. I tried all kindsa pillows before I found this one - still don't sleep well tho. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that was quick!!!

I did use a memory foam pillow but found it too hard and uncomfortable, I have just changed to an ordinary pillow which is really soft and comfy but am hoping it doesn't make things worse.

I must admit I am a bit like SandySue, I tend to work my way down during the night and sleep flat on the mattress, well a topper to be precise. I suppose it's a matter of what is best for the individual, without making things worse.

Tony...........I've got one of those, I call him my husband :lol:

YL
    WOW another Slash fan, what a guy!!!!
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm also another that ends up down the bed. I usually have my feet hanging off the end, I find them cumbersome and awkward things to get comfy, lol. Also makes Ra happy as he now occupies the vacant space where my head should be. :shock:
    For my neck and head I use two half moon memory foam travel pillows. My favourite is the bolster though, with it being feather you can move them about, making it thicker or thinner to suit. I do end up draping my left leg over mi missus too but that can't be comfy for her so I try not to.
    DD. You need some of my 'special'tea.. Lol
    It's available in Val's cafe, just ask for some Amschterdam Schlurrp.. :wink::mrgreen::lol:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • YorkshireLass
    Options
    daylily wrote:
    WOW another Slash fan, what a guy!!!!

Hands off DL I saw him first :lol:

Tony, I was thinking of a travel pillow as they're quite small, I may buy one as they're fairly inexpensive I should think.

YL
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I got mine in A*di of all places, in Calella de Palafugel, Spain :shock: It They were about nine euros..
    Got them mainly for the coach journey home, used em every day since, removable and washable covers, great things :grin:
    They have travelled put it that way.. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP