Hi *waves*

Options
emmaspoonie
emmaspoonie Member Posts: 11
edited 1. Oct 2011, 11:47 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all. My name is Emma and i'm 37 yrs old,very happily married to my husband of 13 yrs and have two children,an autistic son who is 11 and a daughter who is 6. I was born with a dislocated right hip,which has been rebuilt twice already.Now I have degenrative arthritis in that hip and am waiting for a replacement.I was given a date of 7th October for that operation,BUT five weeks ago,i tripped and broke my left foot! Surgery has now been postponed until my foot has healed. My life is like a soap opera,i swear!
So currently in excruciating pain with my hip,nothing seems to work anymore pain wise,i can't sleep and i (and other people) can hear the bone clunking around as its moving so freely. (Sorry if thats TMI).
So thats me. xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well, emmaspoonie, you’ve certainly come to the right place. Arthritic hips and postponed ops ‘r us. Welcome.

Seriously though that can’t be much fun and having a broken foot, even if it’s on the mend, can’t be doing the hip much good. You don’t say what you’re taking for pain relief but it might be worth seeing your GP. Arthritis Care do a booklet on ‘Coping With Pain’ http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets which you might also find useful.

Please just wander about here and dip in wherever you wish. We’re a friendly lot.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • YorkshireLass
    YorkshireLass Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi Emmaspoonie

Welcome, I'm a newbie, just one week old today :grin: .
    This is a lovely place full of wonderful friendly people, helpful information and you can have a laugh in the chit chat room aswell.

YL
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hello Emmaspoonie,
    Welcome from me as well. I have OA and have had one hip replaced.
    Luckily I was in my 50's before getting arthritis.....must have been awful dislocating it as a a baby and having to have it rebuilt
    Just keep posting....people will have answers.

Love
    Hileena