What a day

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 28. Sep 2011, 07:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
hope everyone is ok. I've just come back from a lovely walk in the sunshine with my grandson collecting conkers, what alovely way to end the afternoon, these times are so rare it's nice to cherish them. On another note, I've had the appointment for my cataract op, 28th October, not looking forward to that, but it has to be done. Just a bit worried about the sedation after the problems I had recently with endoscopy, but I'll talk to them about it when I go for pre-op on 24th. I'll definitely be needing pocket duties.
Lets make the most of this lovely late sunshine before the cold sets in, going to lunch tomorrow with daughter and her partner and my OH for her birthday, so that's something to look forward to. :grin:

Sue x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooooh conkers, aren't they lovely things? I am glad that you have had such a lovely day, nansue, that is great to hear. I shall put you in my diary for 24th and I hope they will be able to sort you out with ease. The cataract op will be so worthwhile once the recovery period is over. Go and have a cuppa now and put your feet up! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Sue,

It's understanable you being worried, but I will certainly be in your pocket on those dates. You will have so many of us in your pockets you'll sail through it.

karen
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I love collecting conkers, still do it when rich and I are out walking (well, I sit on scooter and point :lol: but I do hold the bag :grin: )
    Then bring them home to give to our daughter and sil who still like to conker fight :lol: at 23 :lol:

I remember when my nana had her cataracts done, she was soo pleased with the results.
    I will be in your pocket for both pre op and the operation.

Enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your family, Its going to be another glorious day :grin:

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I wouldnt worry about the cataracts.
    What sort of sedation...do you know?
    I had both done and all that happened was drops in my eyes and told to sit for a while then was given a second lot of drops {I think :?: } and they lay me on a bed for a while....then got wheeled in for the op and that was it......apparently they did give me an injection in my eye {didnt know whether to mention that :???: } but i didnt even know they had done it because my eyes were numb with the drops.
    Do you know what my main problem was?????? A man doing the operation....I went in with no make up on but he still took a ball of cotton wool and scrubbed all around my eyes before he started and I mean scrubbed :x All I could think of was....watch my wrinkles....dont make them any worse :lol::lol: The nurse sympathised with me afterwards about the scrubbing bit of it :lol::lol: not the operation itself.

Love
    Hileena
  • nanasue
    Options
    Thanks to all you lovely people.

Hileena, I'll make sure to tell them not to scrub too hard, like you, don't want the wrinkles to worsen!!! we're so vain aren't we? probably because we already have so much to put up with we want to keep looking as good as we can, it's not much to ask is it.

Sue x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Sue, best of luck with the ops. I am sure that they will go well.
    Me and Ra will be there for pocket duties :grin:

Someone recently told the Missus to place a conker in each corner of the room to keep spiders out :???: :???: Mmmm... Me thinks nonsense but it is worth trying for her as she hates them :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • nanasue
    Options
    Thanks for that Tony. Youl'll be pleased to know that the conkers do work, I was sceptical but as my back garden backs onto an area of trees and wildlife (including small deer, foxes etc) I get a lot of "wildlife" of my own, so I thought I'd give it a try and it works. Just put one in a couple of corners of each room.

Sue x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue,

My mum had hers done and like Hileena said she was just given drops and a injection. She was pleased with the results.

We have foxes and I must admit I am one of those who love them. not too keen on the squirrels though. :roll:
    Lv, I x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi I,

We have loads of squirrels and I love them....we used to have loads of red ones but dont see them now

Love
    hileena
    ps no foxes