The suspicious shopper!!!!

Options
suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 28. Sep 2011, 10:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just thought I would share my experiences of me out and about with my walker.

Physio gave me a 3 wheeled walker with a black (ugly) bag attached. It is great, I put my hand bag and bottle of water for my dry mouth in and off I go. :grin:

However, everywhere I go I find I have a follower :shock: the security guard or a shop assistant :oops:

I can only assume that I look like a shoplifter :oops: :roll:

Must admit it makes me nervous so I seem guilty, I end up leaving the shop as it makes me feel uncomfortable. I have had it before and it is a bit discriminatory. However I thought it might give you all a laugh. :lol::wink:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I suppose that is one way to look at it - I would take the view that they are there to help should I not be able to reach summat! Anyhoo, everyone knows that the best place to hide the frozen chicken you've nicked is in your knickers. :shock:

It can't be nice being viewed with such suspicion but you know you are as straight as a die and that is what matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh That cant be nice.....are you sure they are not just wanting to help?
    I know when I go into shops {B++ts in particular} on my scooter.....I have a large canvas bag between my feet and as I pick things of the shelves I drop them in there until I get to the cash desk......then when I get outside I transfer everything to my rucksack on the back of the scooter.
    At first I did feel a bit guilty thinking they'll think I'm pinching things :oops: but they are helpful.
    On a slightly different topic.....I was in a center when it was quiet. Normally I leave the scooter outside but this fashion shop was pretty empty so I drove in.......and around.....and out.....I had driven for about 5 mins when a lady said to me "hinny your cardigan is dragging on the ground...to which I said thanks :grin: ....then thought...what cardigan??????....I looked around and one of thge coathangers had attached itself to the back of the scooter :lol::lol::lol: Talk about feeling guilty :eek: .....I turned round, drove back, and in to the shop and dumped it on the first rail I saw :lol::lol::lol: then straight out again :grin: ....I couldnt have pinched it if I had been trying to do it on purpose :lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena

Love
    Hileena.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Well DD, hileena and delboy, you certainly made me giggle!!! :lol:

DD, I never thought they could be wanting to help. My paranoia knows no bounds!! :shock: They follow me pretty closely which is what made me think of shoplifting. I suppose I need to have a less negative view of the world. :oops:

As for the frozen chicken in your knickers :lol::wink:

Hileena, you made me laugh with your story. It was b**ts I was in today, with the security guard following me. I must ask what the store policy is next time I go. I lost him in the ladies feminine hygiene aisle :wink:

Delboy, I bet they love you in brum 8)