Gp appt tomorrow

Options
suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 29. Sep 2011, 04:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I posted before that I am to go back to the gp with a double appt and a list of my symptoms and meds tried etc and she will refer me to another hospital. The appt is tomorrow.

I am nervous now, she won't remember me or have forgotten what she said. :oops: Silly I know :roll: Thats me though, not much confidence anymore.

I have to try and remember everything, and get the referral to the rheumy I want.

Just the thought of it is making me anxious . . . . :roll:

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Suzy,

I know how you feel I always get tongue tied when I go. But with you having a double appointment perhaps you could just pass them the list to read through to give you time to get your thoughts in order.
    I use a jogger paper with just headings on and leave it on top of my bag so I can glance at it and mentally cross off the list.

Good luck for tomorrow and I am sure you will get your points across.

Lv, I x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Knowing you, I am thinking that you are well-prepared and I am sure you will be able to stand your ground firmly but politely. You know what you want and I hope you acheive it - a double appointment is just the ticket, it will give you time. Good luck and let us know how you get on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Suzy you are not on your own, I have everything ready in my head, then I walk into the surgery and it disappears, writing it all down can help.
    We will be in your pocket making sure you have your say...good Luck..
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Suzy..

You done the right thing by writing things down, so in theory the hard work is done..You can either read form your list or hand it over to the doc and say this is my list of symptoms and medication and let them read it..
    It's understandable you are anxious, as you are not sure how the appointment is going to go..
    We are all with you on pocket duty, so them positive vibes will be shining through..
    xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Aaaah!!, thanks guys :grin:

You have given me a lovely boost, just what I need to get me through the appt. I will let you all know how I get on.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi suzy

I am sure you will be fine at your appointment tomorrow, It is good that you have a list to boost your memory. I do this too.

Will be sat in your pocket so don't worry
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Well done, Suzygirl, on writing things down. Don't presume she'll remember anything. They have a lot of patients. You are on the ball with this and I'm sure it will go well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Suzy,

Good luck for the gp's appointment and good that you have written it all down.

Izzy did say she will go with you to help you have confidence and laving a bucket of stamina and good appointment drafts as well as a sachet... for you know who :wink:

Be in your pocket flower. ((((( ))))) and a hope Cris xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Good luck for the appointment. Thats a good idea, writting things down before you go, I often come out with the main question I wanted to ask still unsaid. :roll: Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Suzy,

Good luck flower. Got everything crossed you get a good appointment. ((((( ))))) and love with a sachet for you know who Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning suzygirl, just popping in to wish you the very best for today. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben