Saying hello

Options
mari50
mari50 Member Posts: 27
edited 20. Oct 2011, 06:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hiya all
Sorry I havn't been on line for about six months but I have had a rough time. I was diagnosed in March/April with fibromyalgia. I had it in 1983/4 as fibrositis but had my youngest son in 1985 and had no problems until he left home about 4 years ago and then it flarred up again a couple of years ago and has been with me since. I also found out that I have about five joints which has no osteoarthitis. I have also had family problems but I have just decided that I am looking after number one which may sound selfish but I have had enough of being treated like I have been.
I hope that everything is ok with everyone else and will be on line a lot more in the future.
Mairlyn :roll:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there, Mari50, and welcome back. I'm sorry you've been having a tough time of things on more than one front. You are quite right to take a bit of time out to look after yourself. We all need to do that at times. I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Marilyn
    Sorry you've been having a bad time .....You do need to be selfish sometimes with this horrible disease.
    Think of yourself. I know sounds selfish but you need to sometimes

Love
    Hileena
  • mari50
    Options
    Thanks for the support which I received. I won't feel so guilty in the future for being a little selfish. I am not on line for long because of pain in my shoulders. When I am on this forum which could be once or twice a week and I find your names I shall be sure to say hello no matter what. I do feel better being on the forum again.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Guilt is a useless emotion, Marilyn.

I'm not here as much as usual myself right now but I'll look forward to seeing your name about. You'll find everyone welcoming.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi

Glad to hear you feel better for having been on - that is the idea :smile:

Absolutely no need to feel guilty - we are all diferent and sometimes we are ill and unable to post - no-one will judge you.

I remember you from before and hope to see you again very soon.

Love

Toni xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Mari..

Just thought i would say hi..
    Hope you are well,
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • mari50
    Options
    Hiya all
    Thanks for the replies. I am feeling better and even more so after reading your replies. I was in a dilemma because my shoulders have been really painfull and was wondering what to do. I read in a magazine about jackets on the uniqlo.com web site and found a very lightweight jacket made of down. I bought it and it is fantastic, so anyone with the same problem or need lightweight items that is the site to go and find something.
    It is nice to hear from you again Toni.
    Best wishes to everyone
    Marilyn :smile:
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi Mari,

Nice to hear from you again, you need to look after yourself so don't be down on yourself for that. Keep posting for support. Xxx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • mari50
    Options
    Hiya
    Feeling better after all the correspondence I have had. Maybe it would have been better if I had explained my feelings before but that is one thing I don't feel right doing.
    Marilyn
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Don't ever worry about telling it like it is on here, Marilyn. We all do. We need to. It acts as an escape valve and, heaven knows, when you have this disease, you need an escape valve from time to time.

I'm glad you found some suitable lightweight clothing. I tend to get one arm in a jacket then fling it round my back. Anyone standing near is in danger of losing an eye!

Do keep posting if it's not too painful. Hope you have a good day.
    Steven Wright