Joint Flexibility Remedies & Supplements

Options
adrian1407
adrian1407 Member Posts: 2
I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in hip & knee which is getting progressively worse. I do not take any remedies other than painkillers for the condition. I do so want to join my wife when shopping or taking very short walks but the pain always kicks in & prevents this. I have read that high strength cod liver oil helps with joint mobility & flexibility but I also know that there is very little medical evidence to support this. In fact some doctors go so far as to say that most of the supplements on sale do not help in the slightest & are little more than placebos.
I am really confused & need advice as to the most effective remedy for joint mobility & flexibility. I am minded to try the extra strength cod liver oil but I would value your views on this before I go ahead.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your enquiry to Arthritis Care. Taking omega 3 fish oil will be a personal choice, but there is no strong evidence that we can mention I'm afraid. The key self management which is recommended is losing weight and intensive physiotherapy.

I wonder whether you've seen details our self mangement programme?
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Self-management

Do give us a call if you'd like some support or more information to be posted out to you.

I hope that is helpful

Guy