Options
2»

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mat48 wrote:
    Suppose it's a matter of treading a tight rope between the two for most of us I guess?
    Mat x

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mat :!: I think it's a healthy balance of the two.... to be as active and pro-active as you can in terms of dealing with arther, following advice of docs regarding treatments and trying to keep muscles around the joints 'in good condition' .... well as much as anyone can :wink:

A positive outlook also helps and having a good support network of people around you who understand when you hit a difficult patch.(like the forum!).

Iris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Each of us cope differently. Time and experience tells you what is best for you, we have tried to tell you you what works for us as an attempt to answer your questions, that's all. We are not telling you what to do or what is best. Like us, you will have to find your own way but by being here you are talking to people who understand what it is all like. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    And this forum is a real life saver DD and Iris. On one hand great for info gathering and making sense of what's going on in body and mind but also like a wonderful secret world (secret from our own families and friends) full of people who know. I don't have anyone in my life who has experience of the stuff that's happening to me so it would feel terribly lonely and frightening without you all. Mat x :wink:
    If you get lemons, make lemonade