hello everyone

janetd
janetd Member Posts: 4
edited 5. Oct 2011, 15:06 in Say Hello Archive
hi my name is janet and i am 33 years old and i have osteoarthritis in both hips, have had alot of trouble with them for 5 years but only found out the cause of the problem 2 years ago. i had osteochondraplasty surgery on my left in january of this year unfortunately the operation hasn't worked so at the moment i feel like it has been a waste of time and went through all that for nothing. i was a hairdresser and only just pushed myself to go back to work 6 weeks ago and was really struggling to cope with standing all day, my consultant again told me that i was making my hips worse as i was putting to much pressure on them and advised me yet again to leave my job. i hide how i really feel from my husband and kids as i don't want them to burden them or for them to feel sorry for me, i just want to be me.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Janet,

Welcome to the forum i am 32 with 2 children, OA in knees and fingers and inflammatory arthritis elsewhere,.. i have been suffering with my hips alot lately (not sure what arther is there)and need crutches when they play up, so can understand th epain you experience as can many others..
    It's hard working and suffering as we do.. I admire the people who are able to do this and also understand those that can't..Unfortunately i was dismissed june due to ill health and am at the moment in no fit state to be able to commit to a job(although would love to)..I believe if your doc is advising to stop work then maybe you should seriously consider it for your own health as you could be causing more damage..If your hands are ok then maybe you can do mobile hairdressing at your home... so you can do it when you fell ok and rest inbetween too..(just an idea)

The forum is a great place.. we can understand how others are feeling and give our nearest and dearest a break from listening to us, or not listening lol..
    Lokk forward to seeing you around..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Hiya Janet
    welcome, cant write much as wrists are sore, xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • janetd
    iam usually a positive person just trying to get my head round things again and i have left my job and to be honest any days i have that are not to bad i would rather spend it enjoying doing things with my kids while i'm still able to, i do homehair for friends and family as they work round me if i need to take a break and the pain does wear you down somedays i just have to keep reminding myself there are people worse of than me.
  • janetd
    leisa, i'm sorry your wrists hurt so much, it must be unbearable are they sore all the time? x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    It is hard to remain positive when you have so much going on luvie..
    All my spare energy and time is spent on my kids too, i hate them seeing me like this, so i try to be as smiley as possible.. :lol:
    It is hard to find the right balance, maybe trial and error too, but i am sure in time you will find the best solution that works well for you and your family..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    janetd wrote:
    leisa, i'm sorry your wrists hurt so much, it must be unbearable are they sore all the time? x

good days bad days Janet, mine is more my legs, but of late both shoulders are screwing my head up... no reason for the pain both elbows are always stiff i cant straighten them and to bend 'normally' is painful to, but as i sit and type i go at my pace life is good... to use my legs to walk everywhere is rubbish, my knees and ankle really dont like me much... left ankle is doing something very strange of late, hubby rubs some soothing creams into it but soooo painful to have him touch it...

Janet i also think of those worse off then me... then im afraid i have a little 'pity me time'i have 6 kids and 9 grandkids, once upon a ime i could play rounders in the park with my kids.... now its just a distant memory....

hugs for you hunni, hope your pin and your mood soon lifts xxxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Janet, welcome from me too.. I hope today is a decent day for you mi dear :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Hi,

I am 43 with AS and we all have the bad days and good days (then do too much and make it worse). We all have the feelings of not wanting to show how we feel and mask it but that's part of this disease, you are you but huts in a different way now. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Janet

Welcome to the forums from me too :grin:

I know what you hairdressers are like one of my best friends cut some one's hair 2 weeks after open heart surgery!!

You enjoy your kids when you are well l do too....memories :smile:

Sometimes it's ok to feel a bit sorry for yourself too though...just don't do it too long eh? Come on here and we will cheer you up :wink:

Look forward to seeing you on the other forums.

Love

Toni xx