Options
2»

Comments

• stiffy
    stiffy Member Posts: 10
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi JM

Sorry to read the experience you had with your occupational health medical.

Clearly shows a lack of understanding of how such conditions can impact a person’s ability to perform at work.

I can really relate with you on this as my RA now causes me more problems with fatigue, brain fog, etc, then with pain and stiffness. It use to be the other way around.

I don’t really know what to suggest as I get the impression that the person that performs the occupational health medical is the gate keeper and without there support an ill health retirement application cannot be submitted. Feels like there should be an appeals process.
  • dingbat77
    dingbat77 Member Posts: 40
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have posted a new topic but

The sticking point for me is IF I will be classed Permanently Disabled after two THR and a TKR and IF they can make reasonable adjutments to keep me , I only have in any event 18mths (for my normal pension) to go and have been deemed disabled under the DDA.

Bosses saying not worth keeping me , let him go early on a IHR as I will be off for about 6mths with all the op's and they will have to shell out on transport to get me in and find me a new job as my post going in Jan.

Good luck