family credit

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 13. Oct 2011, 05:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
had family credit for years the first year it was out they worked it out wrong so we owed them money they have been taking back over the years. we no longer qualify (well we might but can not be bothered applying and going through the hoops) .yesterday we had a bill for the last £100 shall i pay it or should i fight it is it worth it can put it over 12 months so not much to pay what would you do?????
val

Comments

• valval
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ok where do i start????
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Ok I had this with disabled persons tax credit. tried to get £1200 from me when I got more work. Make them beg if they want it that bad!!

Seriously you need to write to them contesting the amount and make sure you keep copies. List when you have told them of changes , dates and everything.

Dunno if this may help you but give it a go.

Good luck
    Clare xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    thanks might look into it when get back of hols lol
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I got 2 bills off them yesterday, one for £2342 and another for£179..
    Before when they overpaid me they took some money out of my tax credits each week.. do not know anything about this so i will be on the phone to them the minute i got some fight in me.. :lol:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    Options
    traluvie wrote:
    I got 2 bills off them yesterday, one for £2342 and another for£179..
    Before when they overpaid me they took some money out of my tax credits each week.. do not know anything about this so i will be on the phone to them the minute i got some fight in me.. :lol:

that awfull make sure you do phone them i think they just trying to get money any way they can at moment does not matter what they do to us . i was expecting it as knew we owed them but you that is awfull how dare they val
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I will be ringing them Val..just waiting for some of my energy to return :lol:
    once i am rejuvinated :P i will be on the phone to them to get it sorted..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    Options
    traluvie wrote:
    I will be ringing them Val..just waiting for some of my energy to return :lol:
    once i am rejuvinated :P i will be on the phone to them to get it sorted..
    makes you wonder where they were educated we got letter each just to make sure we knew lol they do like to make waste by duplicating papers. good luck val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Good luck to both of you.

My Bro and SIl had to pay back a stack to them and they just took it straight out of their accounts l think.....very stressful for them it was.

Love

toni xx
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Yep, had a letter too, 2 days ago.

We have dealt with it now - but took ages to get through, just like when they overpaid everyone years ago.

So, we got a bill for £375.00 on Monday so I rang the number on the letter and contested it. Got told to ring the TC helpline, and half an hour later found out they're right. I just needed it explaining to me in basic terms :oops: :lol:

Basically, we were over-paid and we paid it all back through remaining yearly credits and then we were no longer, I think in June last, able to claim again due to income. Cool beans, I thought, the letter said nil balance on all counts, so was surprised to get the letter asking for more back.

Turns out we were over paid by another 3 months, May, June and July, in 2004 I think, making a total of 15 months. As we had declared that our circs had changed in April, we'd forgotten about the 3 months they still paid us on top, after that (honest, LOL.) That is where they are claiming the money back for as our code had changed and that meant that the over-pay above our tax code was too much by £375.00, so they want it back.

So, I rang the other number back - no dramas, we can set up a DD for 12 months to sort it, but what a fricken pain in the bum after thinking we were all clear.

seems like loads of us are in the same boat then!!!
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • valval
    Options
    yes i was waiting for letter as they only been taking small amounts over quite a few years so knew where we were but was not going to pay it till had to.
    they looking for money where ever they can these days lol and we are easy targets val
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    If you ring them they tell you you havent so I would try and get everything in writing if I were you. I notofied them of everything I was doing over the phone and they told me I had never rang them and told them!!!!!

Be carefull and get whatever they say in writing C xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    If you ring them they tell you you havent so I would try and get everything in writing if I were you. I notofied them of everything I was doing over the phone and they told me I had never rang them and told them!!!!!

Be carefull and get whatever they say in writing C xx

it strange as they always say this will be recorded do they only keep the tapes that help them lol
    val
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    they also did this to me... I'm afraid im just at a point in my life where i say...'just take it' like we need this on op of everything else... why dont they do it right first time????
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • valval
    Options
    liesa wrote:
    they also did this to me... I'm afraid im just at a point in my life where i say...'just take it' like we need this on op of everything else... why dont they do it right first time????

left hand has no idea what right is doing makes you feel that way that why did not bother putting in for it again when money went down not worth the effort all that messing about val
    val
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I am dreading it i have to ring and tell them of changes...keep putting it off because of those stupid questions they asked last time before they proceeded to my account details. Cannot do it when i am tired so will have to leave it until Saturday.
  • valval
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    I am dreading it i have to ring and tell them of changes...keep putting it off because of those stupid questions they asked last time before they proceeded to my account details. Cannot do it when i am tired so will have to leave it until Saturday.
    getting through hard on the silly lines they say let them know of changes but then it take hours and hours to get through to them waste of time and effort got so fed up last time put it in writting along with times and lenth of wait and sent it in they were not happy but they phoned me lol was so fed up with trying to get through they had cheek to say you should have phoned so told them to check letter where the list of times and lenth of time waiting to be put through they soon shut up lol val
    val