RIP the BBC

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 13. Oct 2011, 07:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I’ve had it with the fecking BBC news, TV and radio, seems they are slightly overdoing the coverage on the financial situation we are facing, it’s got so bad even the c***y one show was banging on about how bad it’s going to get, none of it of any worth they just keep going over and over the same small bit of info they have, trouble is the Beeb these days seems totally fixated with Islam, Palestine, gypsies rights and general economic doom and flippin gloom, in the past the BBC simply reported the news now they seem intent on trying to influence/make it. Like so many of us their meant to pay up and shut up while the money the've paid into the DHSS and NHSS all their working lives is denied them, and worse they now get means tested while others simply jump of the back of lorries at Dover and simply spout a few words of broken Englisgh and get all the attention of the state system they've never paid a penny into.
I use to be a big BBC supporter but not now, the sooner it’s cut back the better, it’s got to big for it’s boots and is infested by political correctness and focuses way to much on minority rights etc yet the true needy minority ie the old get pushed aside.
Take today, world arthritis day but you’d never have known if you’d looked on the BBC web news, so anyway I decided to have a look on the health page, what was the top story?, an article on HIV in the UK, now there are less than a million people with it here and the majority of cases are imported from Africa so isn’t a serious issue or threat to a sizable percentage of the indigenous population unlike RA and OA or other local illnesses, but because it’s a sizable minority/immigrant problem it gets top slot, the dog is being wagged by the tail as usual.
They oddly forgot to mention that each infected person here, or who comes here with it will cost the NHS over £1 million each to treat during their lives.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    good rant mel well done val
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Even my PC hates me it posted it twice and I can't delete one of them either!.
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Lol... i watch bbc all day... but turn to meridian for local news and itv news....
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • mellman01
    Options
    Sorry I have slight spleen problem, it tends to inflate and then bursts from time to time. :oops:
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Excellent rant
    Unfortunately all you said is true.................... :sad:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Spanish TV doesn't seem to be giving half the coverage that BBC is and they are in very deep DO- DO
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I Only watch BBC for there drama's (they are good!) and Eastenders other than that I migrate over to other channels. But Yes Mel that was an excellent rant!! :lol:
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Yup, fair rant well put!!

I watch/look at RT news for the, well, guess!? :lol:

I really only use the Beeb for the excellent F1 coverage but that's about to be knobbled and seriously, I've nearly created negative space in my spleen about THAT issue (elsewhere, not here, as an ardent F1 fan) so I'm going to walk away now... calmly. *breath Stu, breath lad*.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.