Saying hello ( in the right place I hope)

Craine1998
Craine1998 Member Posts: 7
edited 13. Oct 2011, 11:03 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone

I think I posted this in the wrong place - I'm a total newbie to this

Hi everyone this is my first post - I'm very interested to learn from you all as I'm still trying to get my head around this.

I'm a 40 year old mum of four who about 6 months ago started to experience a swollen wedding ring finger, brushed it off then a month ago lost strength in right wrist - couldn;t use keys, scissors etc spent a lot of time in tears etc. Dad has RA, sister has hyper mobility syndrome.

Like so many of you I don't know exactly what type I may have - GP queried RA but blood tests came back negative - would feel a bit like people think I'm making it up but my hand and wrist visible swollen and extremely painful.

So Tuesday this week GP diagnosed Naproxen 500 mg, its taking the selling down but still getting a bit of pain that travels down towards elbow - but finally started sleeping again... says he'll see me agin in a month then might refer for scan, more blood tests and to consultant. But feeling a bit sick at times , is this normal with the Naproxen?

Boss says to come back when better (?) - have self certificated for a week - aiming to go back tomorrow before I lose all confidence in myself.

Finding it realy hard to put into words how emotional I'm feeling - anybody offer any advice on what to expect ?

Thanks in advance

Craine

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Craine..

I have sent you a pm as i saw your earlier post..
    Living with arthritis is where most people hang out so you may get more responses from them there..
    Get there in the end luvie.. :smile:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Craine1998
    Craine1998 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks again Traluvie... all my life I've been doing thinks differently and not neccessarily in the right order

Third time lucky?

Craine
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Lol.. :lol: told you you would get there in the end..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Well hello and a very big welcome from me,

Nice to meet you although not for the right reasons, arthritis has a mind of it's own but you can deal with it by having great support from family and friend (and us of course), rest if you need to and try and stick with the meds. Different meds work differently for every person, I take Naproxen (amongst many other things every day) and I am fine with it, it does help with the pain. Just make sure you eat before taking it also get a stomach protector like someone said in other post. It can take a while to get the right things things to work but stay positive. Talk to people and explain what you going through and keep in touch on here the support is brill from people who understand what going through. I am 43 with three kids and teach three days a week albeit a lot further down the line with the disease and treatment. Keep smiling. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!