For the moderators - hijack

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 15. Oct 2011, 10:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
chris7 wrote:
Dear silly old fart and others contributing here.

I posted a thread here recently asking Just who is running this forum and for whom!!!??

When it was deleted without explaination within minutes of my posting and without giving other members a chance to view it or comment. I posted it again since I had had no explaination as to why? I then received a PERMANENT BAN from this board. ( in highlighted form) without warning or reason which was later for reasons unknown retracted by the webmanager.
well.Chris

The permanent ban was more presumably was done in error, Chris, as you are still here. Not a pleasant thing to happen but hey ho. I thought the title of the thread you started was a good one, but I was not around to read the content, unfortunately, as I am sure it would have made good reading.

You have many friends on here and we will track you down, should you leave us. Promise :smile:

Love
Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi again Elna

It was no error Elna just a way to silence me which they must then have reconsidered the next day when it was lifted to a formal warning. Mind you I had complained to the Director of Fundraising and Communcations so maybe that is why it was lifted who knows? It was indeed a valid question but clearly not a welcome one.

Apologies for hijacking your thread fart fans! please continue to enjoy :grin:
    Morning DD. hope you have a good day.
    Chris
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 14. Oct 2011, 06:25
    Options
    Dear Elna,

The permanent ban was no mistake, I too received one, for my post which can still be viewed on Karen`s "Goodbye" thread. Then came a lot of back tracking, and Chris and I were re-instated. If anyone can see any contravention of the T & C`s on said post, please let me know. I can`t. Just total honesty, in a bid to end discrimination.

This particular thread now, in my opinion, is proof of what I claimed. That things are brushed under the carpet, and totally glossed over, and certain posters, who often appear to have a hidden agenda, are feted, whilst the more gentle ones are forced to leave. There have been many, many complaints, which have been ignored. Just look at how many members no longer post.

I would ask that this post NOT be removed, as again that would just be proof of my point.

The matter is now being dealt with by the Communications Manager, in London, and until a decision is reached, I will make no further comment......Ange
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    can people stop hijacking a thread that is meant to be a bit of fun :evil
    Take your disputes somewhere else please, thank you.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Well said that man! I feel as if I've stepped into a parallel universe patrolled by the fun police.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks Sticky :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I agree ; please argue elsewhere . Now excuse me while I go and scrub out my mind's eye ~ pink crimplene ! Images of elderly auntie . Jillyb
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    If anyone can see any contravention of the T & C`s on said post, please let me know. I can`t. Just total honesty, in a bid to end discrimination.
    3.10 Arthritis Care may from time to time edit or remove posts that are contrary to these terms and conditions or not constructive to the overall purpose and mission of Arthritis Care or create a distraction to that purpose and mission.

Please remember the moderators are also arthritis sufferers and volunteer to do what they do in the interest of keeping the forum running smoothly and we try to interfere as little as possible but occasionally we have to.

As with any other large group of people there will be some who will unsettle, upset, or just plain **** you off but the choice is yours as to whether you interact with them.

Moderator Z
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

Well said Tony.. :lol:
    I was having a laugh one minute then it went all serious...The fun had gone..
    Where is Mr O fart...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    nice one Z.
    I'm one if the easiest going folks on here but the additions to this particular thread have annoyed me..
    Don't particularly take kindly to accusations.

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Post removed with permission of Tony as it's out of context since the topic was split.

Moderator Z
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

Well said, Tony. I was thoroughly enjoying reading the very funny posts of Mr. Silly O'Fart, Mr. Dick Wadd, Jean123, and the Mod Team, only for some people trying to spoil it for me.

I have no idea what axe some people have to grind as I have always found this forum to be a very friendly welcoming place, often a port in a storm like no other when coping with arthritis. Through it I have made friends, found wonderful support whenever I have needed it, and most importantly, it has made me smile and often laugh out loud, which is something we should all do as frequently as possible.

I have never seen any evidence of the discrimination referred to by angel1.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    apologies, this was meant for the other thread. Don't know how to delete or move. Have also had a sincere apology from the person that upset me,i accepted..

tjt6768 wrote:
    nice one Z.
    I'm one if the easiest going folks on here but the additions to this particular thread have annoyed me..
    Don't particularly take kindly to accusations.

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :???: The first part of this thread has disappeared, it is not making much sense now. :???: :???:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Lots of posts are being moved or hijacked,have we got a gremlin in the works?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    :???: The first part of this thread has disappeared, it is not making much sense now. :???: :???:

Elna x
    mig wrote:
    Lots of posts are being moved or hijacked,have we got a gremlin in the works?

The original thread was hijacked so the posts from that were split from it and moved here to provide continuity on the original. It's a moderator tool used on most forums when needed but the first time I've had to use it here.

Moderator Z
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    If it’s got to the point where people are posting derogatory statement or threads then maybe it’s time to stop what you are doing and think why it’s got to this and what mistakes have I made in doing so, Jesus Christ haven’t we all got enough of a problem fighting our corners and more importantly fighting for each others rights in an uncaring society/world, without this site, the MOD’s and the posters then we are simply a loan voice in the wind, we are stronger together, this site no matter how many foibles it has is a fountain of information and support for so many sick people,
    Always the first thing you should do is think for the other person, see it from their side, they might be in terrible pain so their reasoning and tempers are going to be short, just accept that some people in pain make snap comments as so can you or I.
    Never respond straight away, back off and leave it for a while go have a cup of T, or even better sleep on it.
    It could simply be that someone’s sense of humour isn’t gelling with you because your in pain and don’t see the funny side of things or it could be the other way round, thing is if you go off half cocked it will just make things worse.
    This illness has shown me I it can rob me of my patience and when it does my temper and reasoning goes west as well, remember none of us are normal all the time OA and RA has a habit of doing that to us all.
    Remeber it's the world were meant to be fighting and not each other.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Just calling in here to make a public apology to Tony who has kindly forgiven me both here and elsewhere.

My original quote on this now very confusing thread has unfortunately now been randomly edited and taken out of context at the time it was made on the original thread.

It was never my intention to offend Tony when I made the original remark in full context, but I understand it may have appeared to do so.

Chris
  • elnafinn
    Options
    What I have learned from my OA disease, Mel have been and still are, positive things. I have never, knowingly or as far as I can recollect, ever let my disease make me say anything in anger to someone else or said something that I have later regretted. As a result of OA I feel, in fact that I relate much better towards other people, regardless of what their illness may be and I strongly feel it has made be a more compassionate and patient person. Personally I feel that being in pain is a weak excuse and is used too often, when people get upset by the written word on this forum. There is absolutely no need for it, in my book. Anger does not get you anywhere, just wears you down.

Elna x

• tjt6768
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Just calling in here to make a public apology to Tony who has kindly forgiven me both here and elsewhere.

My original quote on this now very confusing thread has unfortunately now been randomly edited and taken out of context at the time it was made on the original thread.

It was never my intention to offend Tony when I made the original remark in full context, but I understand it may have appeared to do so.

Chris

Appreciate that Chris :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    edited 14. Oct 2011, 12:50
    Options
    Good one Chirs.

Hi Elna what I mean is it gets people by various ways I was just trying to say look at it from the other persons side and if your in pain then it's not the best thing to be doing if you are, you may not let it get to you but there's got to be those who do otherwise OA and RA sufferers wouldn't make them depressed, also were on all sorts of meds these again can effect how people act and behave, were not all the same that's for sure, your experience might be totally alien to others you can't expect others to have the same view opinion s, or react to chronic pain in the same way, were all different.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You met me Mell :shock: :shock: :eek: :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elnafinn
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Good one Chirs.

Hi Elna I guess it gets people by various ways I was just trying to say look at it from the other persons side and if your in pain then it's not the best thing to be doing if you are, you may not let it get to you but there's got to be those who do otherwise OA and RA sufferers wouldn't make them depressed, also were on all sorts of meds these again can effect how people act and behave, were not all the same that's for sure, I get OA pain and neuropathic pain and I find the latter does a lot of damage. I wish I could say what's happened to me has it's benifits, I'd say your preaty lucky, I've had nothing positive from it unless you consider loosing my job hobbies and mobililtiy positive!?.

I do see your point, Mel, fortunately I am not on lots of meds. I do thank my lucky stars or whatever it is I should thank. I do realise it is not the same for everyone that is why I do my best to try to help others on here and those that I meet on my travels through my life.

I have had to forgo things because of the OA but as one door has closed another has kindly opened for me, for which I am very grateful.

As Tony says, you met him. That is all good, you cannot deny that. :smile:

Elna x

• tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Elna, he doesn't realise what a lucky lucky man he was :???: :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    Don't worry, just forget I even mentioned it OK, got to go now got bread to bake.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Bread making is a soothing past time, Mel, and you cannot beat the smell of freshly baked bread. Cutting through a loaf of just warm bread and having a slice or two is divine. Enjoy. :smile:

Elna x

This discussion has been closed.