Buns not guns!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 16. Oct 2011, 16:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well this is an add on from the hijacked thread that's now locked, right di dit di di dit dit, right folks here's the latest off the wire press release on the bread making exploites from darkest Brighwell Cum Sotwell.

It worked!, it's was the best loaf I've made in a long while, I used locally milled Italian flour from the community village shop really good stuff, most of it's bee eaten already so I'm going to make another couple tomorrow. would have done it today but I've got to go to me mums later!.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    come on mate now i want some warm bread real butter. well done wish i could do bread but not got the get up and go these days val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :grin: See! :grin: Told ya, Mell, baking bread is soothing and therapeutic and you made such a great batch that it is nearly all gone and none to take to your mum. The community village shop rocks. :grin:

Enjoy your bread baking tomorra! 8)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Oooohh that sounds really good, well done. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Could eat some nice homemade bread now with butter and jam..mmmm
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Bread here in Spain is gorgeous crispy outside soft inside For breakfast had half a loaf with a banana and some lovely sharp blackcurrant jam from Aldi :grin::grin::grin:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Can't have wheat :roll: :cry: damn ibs
    And I'm really funny about all these substitute things.. I know I can probably get wheat free flour or similar but I'm dubious..
    Fussy **** really.. Lol
    Glad the loaf turned out well matey.. Do Italian loafs.have to be greasier than normal ones :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Can't have wheat :roll: :cry: damn ibs
    And I'm really funny about all these substitute things.. I know I can probably get wheat free flour or similar but I'm dubious..
    Fussy **** really.. Lol
    Glad the loaf turned out well matey.. Do Italian loafs.have to be greasier than normal ones :shock: :lol:

i have made wheat free bread in my bread maker which is quite nice....warm with butter on but does not keep very well. I mix my own flour...rice flour, potato flour and cornflour some times add a little gram flour for a change. Must admit i do miss proper bread.... but can still smell it.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Thank you Lupin :wink:
    I shall have to be adventurous :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well 8 rolls all done and dusted very nice they are well the 4 that are left, the art of bread making is the flour, you get ta get a source of good flour, I use locally milled stuff but I've been told on good authority Sainbury's bread flour works well.