Recurring dreams

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 17. Oct 2011, 17:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Do you ever have a recurring dream :?: I don't remember most of my dreams, but I have a couple which recur from time to time.

In the first one, I'm on a train in Russia. I've never been to Russia, so it's a mystery to me why I'm there. In my dream, I want to go to Moscow but I'm worried because I think I've got on the wrong train. I make friends with a nice man called Yuri, who assures me that I'm on the right train, but hours later I discover that I'm on the Trans-Siberian railway. There are no stops until I arrive in Vladivostok, and then I have no money to buy my ticket back. I panic, and that's when I wake up.

The second one is similar, except I'm lost on the London Underground. I'm going up and down the escalators, but they all lead to dead-ends and I can't find the exit.

It's always a big relief when I wake up because both dreams are very real. What do you think it says about my psyche :?: Am I a lost soul :?: :shock: :lol:

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My recurring dream is my teeth fall out. Its so horrible as they all go one after the other, in quick succession. I also find I cannot get the correct phone numbers in my dream and start to panic.

Joan It does sound like you have a fear of being lost but then haven't we all?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

The dream about teeth falling out is quite a common one I think. I'm not sure what it's supposed to show. A lot of these recurring dreams are probably an unconscious anxiety which we normally suppress, which is why we often wake up in a panic. It's still a mystery to me why I should be in Russia though :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh tkachev, that's horrid, I have a similar tooth one which unsettles me: I am standing in front of a mirror and I carefully remove them one by one. I feel a small 'thud' in my jaw as each one dislodges. I think I read somewhere that dreams about losing teeth reflect the worries and uncertainties in one's life.

This one I had for years and years, but since the year 2000 it has been happily absent. I am standing on a swing, swinging higher and higher, then as I become level with the top of the frame, horizontal with my back to the ground, I let go, plummet and wake up with a real jolt just at the point of impact. DD

Joan? Has it anything to do with Dr Zhivago?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Dr Zhivago :?: Maybe there is something of that in it, DD. Yuri is handsome and very kind, a bit like Omar Sharif in the film. But I feel very annoyed with him when I find out that I'm on the wrong train. He's either leading me up the garden path, or completely clueless. Men :!: :lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    My worse one is always when I know there is someone in the room and I can't wake up (in the dream) and I struggle like mad.... It's quite unnerving..

I have some very bizzare dreams, can't usually remember the details afterwards but know that they have been strange.
    I once dreamt that I had a friend in a supermarket trolley, was pushing them around these corridors for ages trying to find an exit when I saw daylight at the end of one of the tunnels, I charged out with the trolley only to appear on the pitch at Wembley to a packed crowd all stood applauding :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    :shock: Tis a true sign of a nutjob Del :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have a recurring dream about losing military equipment, mainly my own...
    Lets see what you dream solvers can make of that :grin:

That's guilt Len, you know full well you had a chance to change the world by poppin a cap in old rubber faces a**e all those years ago in the Libyan desert and you fluffed it!.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Another dream I have sometimes is hearing someone shout my name very loudly, but I don't know who it is. It wakes me up and I can still hear the voice ringing in my ears for a few minutes. Spooky, isn't it :?: :shock:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    it's fat kev Joan. On his extra strength ladder outside the bedroom window :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    it's fat kev Joan. On his extra strength ladder outside the bedroom window :shock:

Ooohh, never thought of that :eek: Fat Kev, my hero :!: I'll let him in next time :lol::lol::lol: