re crochet

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 19. Oct 2011, 09:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well DD finished all cardigan pieces and started to sew it up and realised i had made two right fronts,was swearing for england so had to undo half of it . :shock: :oops: :x Mig

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll be jiggered life I'd almost given up on here, I'd thought I was wandering through the halls of this site on my own today, it's as if everyone had gone off and left me on me own, There I was getting all down and melancholy close to tears I was then you popped up!.
  • mig
    Options
    know what you mean mellman sometimes its like no mans land,then all of a sudden a daft posts turn up.going to watch emmerdale :oops: Mig
  • mellman01
    Options
    Daft daft!?, who's been posting them??.
  • mig
    Options
    me,making a mess of crochet.Mig
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh is that all!, I would worry you have to be doing something in the first place to mess up!. No one is perfect, well only those who don't and then spend their lives nit picking about the rest of us!, had an old boss like that, what a twonk he was full of himself!.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh no! Mig! How easily done and how very annoying, no wonder you went for the Olympic Gold in bad language. Obviously the gods wish you to carry on with this finger therapy, it must be doing your hands some good! I am so sorry, I hope you can sort things out without too much trouble. (Another thought: perhaps it wasn't grubby enough to match the rest? :smile: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    True DD didnt match the rest at all.Mig
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I have been a knitting and crochet fan for about 40 years
    and just thought I would tell you that last week after
    making a jacket, I sewed one sleeve in wrong side facing out
    so just goes to show it can happen to beginners or
    experienced.

So well done mig, glad it got finished.

Kath
  • mig
    Options
    glad im not the only one to make mistakes.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Given what we are battling against or with, Mig, it's amazing that any of us ever manange to get anything right the first time. I used to love knitting but I now no longer have the patience - actually that's wrong, it's the concentration skills that I have lost. Concentration and me are now strangers. :oops:

PS You know I tutor dyslexics? I have some homework this week, I found out yesterday that I could not spell 'rhinoceros'. Now I nearly can without having to think too hard! My pupil will test me next week and she has promised to find some odd words to throw at me too (her Gran is going to help her find them). Yoicks! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben