Thank god today is nearly over..

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 17. Oct 2011, 18:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well what day i have had.....the child i work with refused to come in after playtime...jumped on tables, chairs outside...climbed over fences, went into the infants school playground...basically gave me the order of the sooty i am not coming in or listening to you. So ignored and waited until a member of staff from the infants went up and talked to him...asked her very nicely not to talk with him as we were not going to reward his behaviour by talking to him and reinforcing the neg behaviour....which she totally ignored and said she knew him from last year and knew what she was doing!!!!!!
Thankfully another member of staff was there and watched him while i was gone trying to sort out what the head teacher wanted me to do next... The infant member of staff then said. to her in front of the child who does she thinks she is (me) she told her i was doing my job and following procedure set out for this child. To cut a long story he climbed trees, told me to **** off several times, Kicked two classroom huts, spat at various windows, spat at me, threw a stone at me and then threatened me with a garden fork...NO not the large ones the hand ones which was in a garden shed in the infant school...which was open??? Not very good heath and safety!!!! Eventually came in to the school at 11.40 after being outside since 10.20am. His mum was called up so i then had a meeting at 12.20 with his mother and head teacher and the lad...got home for lunch at 12.40pm. so all morning no break and a short lunch break grrrrrrrrrrr.
When i get home have my lunch...a coffee and then our foster lad then kicks off....yes lovely.
Back into work the lad is settled...before the afternoon break the teacher ask him whether he was going to follow instructions and come in at the end of break...YES he says.....ummmm yes you have guessed NO. So i left him outside and took another child in from the other class and that colleague watch him from the distance...She said he was looking for someone to follow him and when no one did he eventually came around to the door. She opened it and said are you coming in... and he did.

Now he is loosing his morning break outside tomorrow... ek can't wait so he is in the quiet room??? Not sure how quiet he will be. Roll on Friday...i am not paid enough for this.

On top of this return to our foster flower is being a delight....teasing the dog, verbally abusive, rude, not following instructions.... He is now in bed and lights out in...3mins and no 2 mins and counting...What a bloody day.

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wine, wine and more wine it solves all the problems life throws at us!

Only joking its hard in education when you get a kid like that, I teach one who so far has had to be removed from lesson forcablly every time for being rude, not working and agressive it makes you wonder who is running the asylum! xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Sadly it’s the dog being wagged by the tail as usual, in a few years they will probably end up in prison or on the Jeremy Kyle show, good old politically correct teaching don’t ya just love it, one child has all the school dancing to his tune, He’ll probably set light to the quite room and then the fire brigade and the ambulance services will need to be called at great cost to save his delinquent little bum, then once he’s recovering his parents will no doubt file a law suit against the school for his self inflicted injuries as “the school failed to protect the lickle cherub” bless him!.

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Oh Lupin..

You have had a very eventful and stressful day.. no wonder you'll be glad it's over..
    Sounds like you need to do something you enjoy or drink something you enjoy :lol: put that smile on your face even if it's for a wee while..
    Hope the evening plans out better, and tomorrow is not as stressful as today..
    Sending you hugs((((X)))))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Ankyspond
    Options
    Hey Mel I am a teacher but not a politically correct one! X
    mellman01 wrote:
    good old politically correct teaching don’t ya just love it
    AS Sufferer
  • Ankyspond
    Options
    Well now you have suggested it....................x
    AS Sufferer
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Lupin & Anky

I work with teenage boys in a special EBD school, which is why I am missing my mad busy life now im laid up in this plaster. If you love working with these kids, it more or less becomes your life, even if you do have a day like yours Lupin. I cant wait to get back to them, even if it will be in a wheelchair for a couple of months ( crutches just wont work there as Ill spend most of the time on the floor!!!!)
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    you guys (girls) deserve a medal.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Bit of tough discipline.. :shock: :lol:
    Oh you are so much more patient than I am.. I'm afraid my reactions to badly behaved children are very far away from the politically correct regime..

Hard labour... Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    just think ... what would happen to these kids if the likes of you werent around to help them??
    take my hat off to you, i know it cant be easy but well done for going back gain for more...lol xx (((hugs)))
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear Lupin, your post brings back memories of dealing with difficult children before I retired from teaching. For several years I worked with children with emotional/ behavioural difficulties, so I know exactly what it's like. Years ago there was often no extra help for such children, so I had to cope somehow on my own, which wasn't an easy task if one of them played up in the way you describe. Thankfully, things are better now, but I know how draining and stressful it can be. You were definitely right in not rewarding the boy's bad behaviour, and the infant teacher behaved in a totally unprofessional way in my opinion.

I hope that you will have a better ( and less stressful ) day tomorrow.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lupin15
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Which yet again supports the argument about eating your own offspring, or anyone elses come to that

disclaimer: The above is a joke and in no way advocates that anyone human, including the poster should eat their young no matter how naughty or gorgeous they might be

They don't fit in the microwave very well but spit roasted they are perfect for but i couldn't eat a whole one... :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • lupin15
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    lupin15 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Which yet again supports the argument about eating your own offspring, or anyone elses come to that

disclaimer: The above is a joke and in no way advocates that anyone human, including the poster should eat their young no matter how naughty or gorgeous they might be

They don't fit in the microwave very well but spit roasted they are perfect for but i couldn't eat a whole one... :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
    :grin: Behave! :grin::grin:

No really too much and they give me heart burn and they taste like....................... CHICKEN :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Ankyspond
    Options
    Teaching and working in education is a calling they tell me, not worked out what they calling me yet!

Only joking I luuuvvee my job, I teach 11-16 and I have the odd day just like the start of this post but the good days and the achievement out way the bad days. Although today was not a good one for ya . . . Xx
    AS Sufferer
  • lupin15
    Options
    Ankyspond wrote:
    Teaching and working in education is a calling they tell me, not worked out what they calling me yet!

Stupidity i do believe its called...madness maybe...and tomorrow is a fresh start and a new beginning... and only after tonight 3 more get ups :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: Then WHOOP WHOOP HOLIDAY.......