Won a competition and can't go..

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 19. Oct 2011, 04:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't bloody well believe it.... :eek: :lol::lol:

I entered a competition thinking it was for some tickets to see paranormal activity 3..Just opened my emails and have recieved one saying i'd won..Woo hoo..
Carried on reading and the prize is even better than i was expecting..2 vip tickets to watch paranormal 3 at the BigBrother house, Elstree studios London...(sad i know but i love big bro and paranormal activity) Unfortunately i have noone that likes it and have no funds to get there even if i wanted to..
Have spoken to the nice lady and she has said i can send 2 people in my place so have now put a request on facebook lol..
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Traluvie, you must be so disappointed , I bet you wish you had never entered the competition !!! Cant they give you something else as a prize???

Me, I've never won a competition but if I entered one and won it from Glamour next month I bet the prize would be for a pair of Jimmy choo shoes or boots ha ha ha Oh oh ( thats me falling off my crutches laughing)

Anyway at least you know you won :smile:
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • traluvie
    Options
    I know i never win anything lol..and now i have i can't go i am sooo disappointed i love them both..My daughter and i are going to see the film thursday but to go big bro house would have been an experience..
    So far i have had no replies for others wanting to go so doesn't look like anyone is too keen on it lol.. :lol::lol:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    cant the peeps on here that replied to peters thread a while back on similiar subject go with you and share the travel cost, seems shame to miss out on something you wanted to do.
  • traluvie
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    cant the peeps on here that replied to peters thread a while back on similiar subject go with you and share the travel cost, seems shame to miss out on something you wanted to do.

Don't think i am familar with that post..thanks for idea though
    Also i don't really have the money to go, be quite expensive to get there and back..
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    bet you would find some willing and grateful folks on here hun.

Hey, worse than that... I won a trip to Las Vegas and couldn't go :shock:
    I gave my ticket to my Mum for her sixtieth though and she took our Toni.. There was a helicopter ride up and down the strip, four nights in a for star hotel, four hundred dollars spending money and tickets to see the Divas concert at the MGM. Was a tribute to Stevie Wonder, all the big names, beyonce, chaka kaan etc..
    At least Mum & Toni enjoyed it..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    bet you would find some willing and grateful folks on here hun.

Hey, worse than that... I won a trip to Las Vegas and couldn't go :shock:
    I gave my ticket to my Mum for her sixtieth though and she took our Toni.. There was a helicopter ride up and down the strip, four nights in a for star hotel, four hundred dollars spending money and tickets to see the Divas concert at the MGM. Was a tribute to Stevie Wonder, all the big names, beyonce, chaka kaan etc..
    At least Mum & Toni enjoyed it..

Didn't think i could Tony due to advertising.(otherwise i was going too). one of my links was removed earlier due to it being offensive so i am on best behaviour lol..

Your win sounds amazing, what a great time they had.. like you say at least someone enjoyed it..Wish someone could have mine seems such a shame to waste it..
  • tjt6768
    Options
    ask folks to pm you if they are interested. The mods can't control your pm's hun.
    You naughty girl :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cacyhi
    Options
    Oh Tony - how amazing to be able to win something like that !!!
    It still must have felt good to be able to send your mum and your (son/daughter?) on that trip. What did you have to do to win the competition or was it a random draw thing??? Sorry just interested in howpeople win things I never do !! :x

Traluvie - what have you been doing to get in trouble with the mods???
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • traluvie
    Options
    cacyhi wrote:

Traluvie - what have you been doing to get in trouble with the mods???

I put a link up explaining a prince albert.. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    believe out our not Carol,.it was a free to enter thing via email. Used to enter them all the time, when they rang they said something about entering a competition, I just said yeah, (dint dint have a clue which competition it was as I entered that many) anyway, they said that it was a VH1 competition and I had won.. Great,.thinks me, maybe I've won a cd or something..
    Anyway, they just asked if I was sitting down :shock: I said no, should I be? Lol
    Then they told me what I had won. I really thought it was a con or something. Didn't actually believe it till I got the tickets from Leeds to Heathrow, then to the states..
    Mum and Toni (Daughter) absolutely loved it. Had an incredible time.

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cacyhi
    Options
    Oh that's soooo funny !!!!

I trust the link was to an informative website. Are we only supposed to talk about illness and medication on the forum????? I thought the idea was to make friends and have fun as well. Give me a while and Im sure Ill be in trouble - well I am really, after all, I started the thread, didn't I :wink: sorry T.x
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • traluvie
    Options
    cacyhi wrote:
    Oh that's soooo funny !!!!

I trust the link was to an informative website. Are we only supposed to talk about illness and medication on the forum????? I thought the idea was to make friends and have fun as well. Give me a while and Im sure Ill be in trouble - well I am really, after all, I started the thread, didn't I :wink: sorry T.x

It was a very informative website, very popular.. i just think the contents were too graphic lol..x
  • cacyhi
    Options
    the soooo funny was for Traluvie not you Tony.

So really there's nothing to it - you just have to be born lucky then and enter everything. Well I have had a lot of time these past few weeks and I have entered loads of comps in all the mags my mates have been getting me and so far - nada zilch zero - but as long as im home, Ill keep the faith and keep trying.
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • tjt6768
    Options
    the only other thing I've won was a pair of tickets to a rather strange valley version of Dracula at the Playhouse :shock:
    It was, erm.. Different, lol..

The Vegas thing is a shining example of my luck.. A prize like that, once in a life time thing. And I couldn't go. Lol..

We did get to go to the States the yr after. Our good friends from Florida paid for me and Janet to go over for a week to attend their Wedding party. We were really struggling financially (still are, lol) and our friends were asked by her mum what they wanted as a gift. They said they wanted us there.. The whole family chipped in, treated us like Royalty.. Wonderful.
    All because we had made friends with the Bride a few yrs before when she was a student in Leeds.. Really took her in etc when she knew nobody. Took care of her when she fell down the stairs smashing her arm into bits etc...
    We just did what we would do for any of our good friends. I think they appreciated it. We got to stay in a fantastic hotel on the beach in St Petersburgh... Stunning..
    The whole family were so grateful that we looked after her the way we did..

Good times :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cacyhi
    Options
    Just goes to show tony, I always say what goes around comes around. Nice to know that you did get to go to the states.
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi traluvie

oh no, how disappointing for you and just flipping typical.

I won 2 micheal macintyre tickets and gave them to my daughter as I started having probs with my stump so were not wearing the leg. :roll:

Hey well done tony, what a fab prize.....I would have gone on that one with or without the leg :lol::lol:

I hope tracey that who ever takes your place appreciates your kindness

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    and we wouldn't want to upset people Del. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    and we wouldn't want to upset people Del. Lol

No...You all need to be on ya best behaviour now...Otherwise i will be sending you all to the naughty boy corner.. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I always behave. Lol
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie