Hello all

BikerAngel
BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
edited 31. Oct 2011, 17:23 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all, I just found this forums and am so glad as it is always nice to know you are not alone when it comes to this horrid disease. I am Tracey and form Scotland and I have RA and been diagnosed for 5 years now and am 40.
Currently on 20mg Methotrexate and 500mg naproxen morning and night and tearing my hair out with this latest flare I am having as all my joints are sore esp my right ankle and left hip now and this is making my back sore from hobbling so now looking for walking aids hence finding this forum when I googled walking stick RA.
I have lots of various strengths of painkillers but the strong ones make me feel sick or the paracetamol just don't cut it anymore. I have the rheumatologist on 26th of this month so roll on the day I see him and he can help me out and hopefully get me back on track again.
Tracey

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Shame you are suffering so much, lets hope the rheumy is able to help you. Trying to get a good balance between meds and flares is a trial, I am trying to reduce pred at the moment, and am struggling.

Its nice to be able to talk with others going through the same thing, it makes you feel less alone. :grin:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Morning Bikerangel

Welcome to the forum..
    I have inflammatory arthritis and OA in knees..
    I had a referal from GP to physio and occupational therapy who have come round the house and supplied me with walking aids and living aids in the house..I am so ghateful for my sticks as they enable me to get out the house..so may be worth mentioning it to your GP see what they suggest..
    I hope your appointmanet goes well and let us know how you get on..
    The foum is a great place to ask questions and have a laugh too..
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • BikerAngel
    Thanks folks,

Tracy I have had OT round the house and they gave me lots of aids to help but at that time walking was not really as much of an issue it was my hands and wrists so never thought about it but I will give them a phone today as while googling walking stick it came up with OT special RA walking sticks too.
    Tracey
  • traluvie
    yes i get problems with my hands so i have the fcomfy crutches and fischer walking sticks(i think thats them, i do not have them close at hand to look at the moment) but they were the best ones for me due to problems with my hands.. although if i am having a bad bad day i got no chance of holding any sticks lol.. :lol:
  • BikerAngel
    after a morning of phone calls now been referred to our local physio dept to be fitted for walking sticks so hope it's soon and they give me some relief :grin:
    Tracey
  • traluvie
    BikerAngel wrote:
    after a morning of phone calls now been referred to our local physio dept to be fitted for walking sticks so hope it's soon and they give me some relief :grin:

Thats great news.. you will be well away then soon.. :lol:
  • BikerAngel
    got crutches and glad to say they are helping me get around better and ankle is still sore but got pain patches today so hope they kick in and give me some relief and xray on 8th so will be finding out what is going on with the ankle soon :grin:
    Tracey
  • traluvie
    Glad the crutches are helping. . Mine are a god send i'd be lost without them.
    Hope patches start working soon. X
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Tracey,

Glad you got cruches, hope the patches work out for you.
    C xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg