USA big game hunt

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Oct 2011, 13:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now is it me or did the mass relaease of animals from a private zoo in the US cause the gun tottin rottin tottin shottin red necks to go into raptures?. trhe guy from the police was justifying the slaughter had a hat on with bullet pockets around the rim!, also the dead beasts were quickly picked up by trophy hunters.
Makes me wonder who were more dangerous the Lions and Bengal tigers or the seething mod of red necks aremd to the teeth with a night scope and a semi auto asualt riffle, one thing for sure they were very efficent as many of the Lions and Tigers died in one big big heap near their cages, way to go red necks great shooting I mean it could have been oooh so dangerous if they actually moved a bit!.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It was such a tragedy that all those beautiful animals have been killed. There were 18 rare Bengal tigers among them, and it's estimated that there are only about 1,400 left in the world. The laws in Ohio were very lax in allowing this man to keep all those animals in the first place. When are people going to learn that animals are not ours to use for entertainment, sport, fashion or experimentation :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    From what I have read he was not keeping them in good conditions, they had been trying to close his so-called 'zoo' down since 2003, he had just been released from prison for gun offences and he deliberately let them free then shot himself. The law is an ****, which is an animal you generally don't find enclosed. Why 'try' to close him down? As Nike used to say, Just Do It. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    They should ban places like that, just because you have the money to own animals like these doesn't mean you have the inteligence to keep them, he'd been better off going and playing zoo keeper at a real zoo where he and the animals could be kept an eye on.
    I've done a lot of hunting I use to eat what I shot but killing a beautiful animal such as a Bengal tiger is totally a big no no, same goes for Lions bears whales and dolphins, basically most animals should be let to do their own thing unless you really need to kill them for food, I guess Pheasants are OK'ish for some it's done for sport but they are used as food still it's a fine line the older I get the more anti I am becoming!
    Sadly the US is an odd place and I know the type of hunters you get there, red necks tooled up to the eyes and drunk as a parrot in a pick up truck not looking to help but out for a trophy to stick on his trailer hous wall!.
    Ban the keeping of them anyone who wants one for a pet needs therapy rather than a licence to keep a poor beat in a cage!.
    God I'm getting all soft in me old age!.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    why didnt they use tranquillser guns?
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Yep, just dart em.... Night night, then off to a reputable breeding programme somewhere..

They should stuff the redneck, put him on display somewhere
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    They should have just called me and Ra. We would have gone over and had a word Dr Doolittle stylee :grin:

It would probably have gone along these lines:

Me: Now then Leo, what's all this fuss about?

Lion: Roar, growl, roar, roar, growl, snarl

Me: Well there's no need to be like that :eek:

Lion: Huh, what the...?

Me: Yup, it's a gun, you shoulda come quietly..

BANG :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP