We've had the Police round.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. Nov 2011, 14:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
I live in a terrace of twelve houses, and running up the back of ten of them is a narrow passage that gives access to the rear of the properties. At the bottom of this passage one will find my lovely little lavender blue Micra, occasionally complete with owner. (Part of our garden was taken to form a parking space. It's very handy. )

In the past few mornings, between 10.30 and 11am three very dubious sorts, with some very nasty habits involving syringes, have been sloping up said passage to do what they need. (Although I have syringes I don't think I will be joining them.) The police were today called by a neighbour (she was in her garden and overheard them) and they came round pretty sharpish but said trio had already vamoosed.

I feel very vulnerable. I am usually here on my own throughout the day and people such as this usually have a burglary habit to support the other habit. It has been suggested by two separate neighbours that I park my car so as to obstruct this passage, but as other neighbours use it to wheel their bikes into their back gardens I don't feel that is a viable option. Neither do I want Daisy trashed as they clamber over her. (Would they have the energy? I dunno. :roll: ) I always have the back door locked, but I think I shall keep it bolted too for a while. I will bring my car crutches indoors so that Daisy is bereft of anything worth stealing, and I hope this little problem will soon be resolved.

I suppose I should feel some compassion for these people, but I don't. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh not good but I agree with you don't use the car as an obstruction as your poor car might come off worse and they you have to pay to fix it. Hope the police catch them and they don't bother you much longer x
    Tracey
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Drugs have a lot to answer for. It's horrible knowing people like this are shooting up not far from your home. What if they leave used needles etc around?

Not safe for you, the other residents, pets etc.

Don't blame you for being cautious. Maybe the police presence will be enough to give them the idea it's probably not the best place to get their fix.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Compassion for them??? i think that is very hard when it is a choice they choose themselves and only they can get themselves out..
    Parking your car to block it off is not a good idea as you say they may be more inclined to do damage to your car to get in the alleyway, this you do not want.
    As you say keep all doors and windows locked and do not open the door unless you know them or see an identity badge.. if you see someone dodgy looking at your door then just ignore them they will soon go..
    I hope there are no children around to see the needles or pick them up, did the police say that it is being cleaned up? are they going to keep a close eye on things??
    Stay safe luvie..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi DD, very very nasty characters, it's their lifestyle choice but the ordinary person has to put up with the consequences of it.

Personally I like Del's landmine......
    Take care and keep safe DD
    x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I wouldn’t have any compassion for them DD they decided to start jacking up, as other say don’t use your car to block the passageway and yes keep your stuff out the way, they will move off in time, even in deepest darkest Brightwell village they do the same thing, only this time they jack up in the kiddies swing area in the park, it’s right next to the social housing here and that’s full of spotty Herbert’s who all look like they are in N Dubs, they all seem to have12 year old mums in tow with obligatory Staffordshire Pit-bull terrier called Tyson.
    These people are classed by the local authorities as vulnerable people so get priority treatment just because the stick needles in their arms for a high, well it beats working for a living I guess, lets just pray the next batch is slightly stronger than the normal lot, maybe they’ll be moved on by Darwin.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've warned my next door neighbour as they are fostering a vulnerable child and it's half-term next week. Said lad is a sweetie but easily led and very curious about things - I have often seen him wandering up and down said passage looking for treasures. (He was born to a heroin-addicted mother who also had a problem with alcohol.) His foster father said that if he spots said trio they won't be going anywhere for a while, let alone coming back here. There has been a tremendous spate of petty burglaries around here recently, I wonder if the two are connected. I briefly thought about going up there with me sharps bin, but have thought better of it. I feel a coward but who knows what I could be dealing with: suddenly methotrexate feels rather friendly. :smile: Needless to say I have not said a word to my mum - and don't any of you either! :lol: DD

PS I like the landmine idea, del, that is rather tasty.

PPS Thank you daylily, it has unsettled me somewhat, I must admit.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Like the land mine as well.We will form a vigillante party and sort them out for you.You take care now and dont do anything rash. :evil
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D.D.
    Buy one baseball bat, lift it above your head, then use as seen fit in the circumstances. Alanthemanc
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hi DD
    you take care i dont think what they give to them selves would help you in any way do you dont join their group.
    i will be round if they harm daisy.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi DD

Good idea to keep your doors double locked for the time being and lets just hope that these people move on soon.

Don't hesitate to get on the phone again should they re-appear. Hopefully next time the police will not miss them :x

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Right hun, I am on my way down with 'the lads' in the A-Team van.
    We will 'discourage' these dirty vermin from going anywhere near your property..
    Please do not fall into the trap of campassion for these scum... Regardless of addiction factors, drugs such as that are ALWAYS a choice in the begining
    Please do not go anywhere near the dirty needles, report it to the council, they have a duty of care and should come and clean it up.
    There are certain streets in Leeds that were having such problems, they are now gated, each family having a key.. Much safer and cleaner... Get onto the council as soon as you can hun, tell them that you are not the only vulnerable one in the street too.

If I was nearer, I would be round :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Like the land mine as well.We will form a vigillante party and sort them out for you.You take care now and dont do anything rash. :evil

Like this idea best.

Bl88dy junkies.

Take care DD. report everything the police will soon get fed up if you do and this will hopefully get them to do something. xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    hi DD
    Can you neighbours ask permission to put gates at ends of passageway?
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thinking of you and Mr DD ; please don't take any risks you're too precious . Be sure to call the police if anything transpires to worry you . Look after yourselves and your mum . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your concern, I am being doubly careful with security, the blinds will stay drawn on the ground floor and when we go out tomorrow we shall leave by the front door so the back can be locked and bolted. It is unsettling, I don't mind admitting that. :roll:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That can't be very nice for you. We have garages right next to our house and it is very secluded so I worry about similar happening here.
    Don't forget to remove your blue badge as they are worth a tidy penny.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi DD, I can imagine how unsettling it all is. Have you got security floodlights and maybe a cctv camera?? even a dummy one. We had a difficult time a while back over someone unpleasant and that is the security measures the police advised us to take.

Our last house had rear access and the local council are gating all the access areas off, so that it is only useable by those who should be using it.

Thinking of you, our home should be our safe place. :sad:
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi DD, Reading about this sort of thing in the papers is one thing, but seeing it happening outside your back door is another. Take extra care and I hope the police keep an eye out. Hope the visit from Mum is going well :smile:
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you for the prompt about the BB tkachev, that was thoughtful of you. I must admit I do not keep mine in my car, it lives in my handbag so that way I have it to hand if we go out in Mr DD's wagon.

He has taken Daisy today. :shock: I hope to whoever he is taking proper care of her, I am using his as it has four doors and I am charged today with taking the mums out for lunch. Mine is 88 today, my ma-in-law is 91 next week: neither are up to clambering in and out of a two door Micra, and as neither drive it would be no good my sitting in the back. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    i really hope that the three if you had a nice day day DD.. And that little Daisy was returned safe and sound :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Hi DD, do hope you had a lovely day, and that things are sorting themselves out for you.
    C.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Daisy is back and the petrol fairy has visited! Yesterday was not good on a number of fronts, which was a shame and today ain't shaping up too well either. The council came yesterday and cleared some nasty detritus, which was a good thing, but said trio have not been seen in daylight hours for a couple of days now. The idea of a gate at the end of the passage has again been vetoed as people don't want to be wrestling with heavy wheelie bins and a padlock. Lazy gits, if they would prefer the junk that's left behind, the danger to their beloved moglets (all have at least one cat) and the increased risk of robbery then so be it. DD
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Options
    just an idea but what about putting a discrete cctv camera up you get ones that you can connect to computer and it records onto hard drive and they are not too expensive. We had one for on hols and put on daughters window and could view it from anywhere we were by logging onto our computer. If that makes you feel safer then have a look into them.
    Tracey
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Hi DD,
    I can't you believe the pathetic reasons some people come up with....'heavy gates, padlocks' what a cop out.

They will be the first ones to moan when they are broken into, their kids or cats get pricked by a needle or their car n home vandalised.

Nice one pathetic neighbours.

Take care of u n Mr DD and keep yourselves safe.
    C xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    BikerAngel wrote:
    just an idea but what about putting a discrete cctv camera up you get ones that you can connect to computer and it records onto hard drive and they are not too expensive. We had one for on hols and put on daughters window and could view it from anywhere we were by logging onto our computer. If that makes you feel safer then have a look into them.

this crossed my mind as well at least you will see who it is good luck have you got a local bobby or neighbour hood watch you could contact val
    val