double dutch

sugarbuttie
sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
edited 24. Oct 2011, 03:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Who remembers this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6Co7EMNCU

1983....we & hubby just been reminiscing about how we tried to re-enact it at school. Never got to two ropes....

Bloody good song tho...

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I remember kids at school trying this on the playground, but it's quite a skill to turn the two ropes in different directions at the same time, let alone skipping in them.

I do remember the hours I spent skipping when I was a child, and there was always a big rope on the go at playtime at school. It's less popular now which is a shame as it kept us all fit.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Bet you can't do it now Health and Safety When I was teaching I remember a couple of Dinner Ladies bringing ropes into school and the kids,boys and girls,having a whale of a time :smile::smile::smile:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    They encourage skipping at my daughters school as it is great exercise. Even my Son used to skip when he was at the school.

I like anything skillful like advanced skipping, cheer leading, acrobatics street dancing.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's astonishing to watch, I remember seeing a group of girls from Harlem (USA) on Blue Peter, yonks ago! Wow, the complexity, the skill - it was breathtaking. I like watching boxers skip too - I only ever managed the standard rope over your head and jump through routine. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben