Disabled? Join and become the new underclass!

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 24. Oct 2011, 12:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just seen a statement from HMG that this years CPI increase may not be paid, the CPI index is 5.4% for September 2011 and which any increase is paid next April. The recent change from RPI to the lesser figure of CPI is still being decided in the courts.

Well, that would well and truely stuff all those that receive a pension, any benefits, state pension or any other payments that should be updated annually.

I have already cut back on most things, I particularly note the price of foodstuffs, heating, fuel for the car, well, thats just about everything I spend my money on! The new underclass-the disabled.

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'd love to reply with some logic but I'll get thrown off the site so best I don't, I will say this though, the real sick and the old are a push over so get their pockets picked by the state. It's like trying to spread the same amount of paint over an ever increasing surface, in the end some areas start to get a thinner and thinner coating, all of us and all the really old people arn't going to cause problems as they shut up and put up and the government know this oh so well so cynically use it as an easy option.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    some of us work and have had hours cut on min wage so yes money is tight and we have to watch every penny, also do not run a car as can not afford to. have to pay full on busses and hair dressers, also do not get any help with bills at all.
    so it not only those who are on benifits who are strugaling and from way things are going i could be 70 before allowed to retire life is not fare it never has been but we all know that it a matter of doing our best and getting on with it val
    val
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    It's true. I work full time and I've seen the cost of food, fuel etc effect me too. We had no inflationary increases in wages for 3 years which meant that whilst everything else was going up in price, our wages were not reflecting it.

I've seen my shopping bill increase weekly, and I buy the same sorts of things. I'm not even talking luxury here as it's one wage supporting a whole family and we don't have take away food or go out to eat. If we do that once every few months we are lucky.

We don't have sky TV or zillions of game consoles, no gadgets or anything else. But because we earn a certain amount (and it's under the national average), we don't get help with anything. Not a dot. Not that I expect it either, as I'm working, I should pay for stuff.

But it's not compensating at the moment for the cost of living. It's rubbish if you are an average wage like me, or you have to rely on benefits. Either way, the workers like me and the genuinely sick or disabled like a lot of us will always suffer, no matter what.

Makes you sick, but until we vote out the cretins who have wiped the floor with this country, things ain't going to get any better either.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Just as Labour were wrong to spend too much, Tories are wrong for cutting money, why oh why can we never have a middle road and have politicians that are content with running a country without meddling with the system.

A lot of retail outlets/pubs/services are on their knees in our area and the cutbacks haven't started to bite yet.