arther in the spine can i claim dla??????

BLEUGIRL
BLEUGIRL Member Posts: 38
hi iv been told i have ather in my lumber spine & to look after myself or instead of having maybe 10 good yrs it will halve, i get alot of stiffness & soreness & tiredness i do work 12 hours each week in an office( which at times can be very stressful), i used 2 b a senior carer then i had an accident not my fault i got runover & fractured my spine but im lucky 2 b walking but not very far could i qualify 4 dla ???
any news will help thanx everyone

Comments

• BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I would suggest going to speak to a welfare rights officer as that is who helped me with my claim they know how to go about things and would have a better idea. If you do claim try to get as much evidence as you can ie rheumy letters and doc letters to support your conditon and the effect it has on you. If you can't find a welfare rights office then maybe citizen advice. Good luck and sorry to hear you are suffering.
    Tracey
  • BLEUGIRL
    Hi thanx 4 ur helpful reply xx
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    let us know how you get on x
    Tracey
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi
    Do apply for it, get as much supporting evidence as you can but be warned, they are turning most claims down as a matter of course so if this does happen appeal.
    Get supporting letters from g.p, hosp etc and include how it effects u mentally, on this form do not be scared to say how it really is for you.

If you want to talk it through further i dont mind if you want to p.m me

Take care
    Clare
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • BLEUGIRL
    hello everyone & thanx 4 ur support i will shout if i get stuck :smile: & i will let u all know how it goes
    thanx hugs jane xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    just want to say good luck and make app to get c.a.b help you fill it in val
    val