The Arthritis Association?

Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
Hi helplines, I need some advice and clarification if you can please.
I myself suffer from pa and am on metho, enbrel, Celebrex, tramadol etc i have a friend who after a bad car accident in her 20's is now 48 and suffering with osteoarthritis in the spine. The only meds she has been given from her GP is painkillers, tens and she regularly see's (and pays for) a chiropractor. She has sent me a link from The Arthritis Association who she has just joined for £6 and is going to try their diet it's called the De coti-marsh programme and is a 3 step plan. According to the case studies on this site Arthritis can be eased by diet, and added vitamin D for pa sufferers??!
I am extremeley sceptical of all this, purely for the reason that I'm quite sure my Rheumy would not willingly put me on the medication I am on if all I needed to 'fix me' was to join this association and go on their diet!
If you know anything about this association and their de coti-marsh diet would you be able to tell me if this is recognised and legitimate? I'm worried that my friend is already in a lot of pain and is desperate to try anything to help her OA.
Many Thanks Poppy X
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Poppygirl

As far we know this diet has no clinical proof that we know of so beware such cures that sound too good to be true because you know what they say about these things....if they sound too good to be true, they usually are and if it was true wouldn't we all be shouting from the rooftops :P

best wishes

Simona
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    OOOH Poppygirl, I too would be highly sceptical. The meds they prescribe us are so expensive, they would gladly put us on a diet if it worked. Get your friend to discuss it with her gp.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Thanks so much Del, Simone and Suzy,
    I thought it all sounded a bit far fetched, I must be on thousands of pounds wiorth of medication for my PA, yet all I need according to the de coti-marsh programme is vitamin D supplements? :???:
    Now for the hard bit, how to tell my friend it's not the great cure she thinks it is.
    Thankyou for your help and advice all, hugs ((())) X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Poppy Bless her.

She is in for such a disappointment :sad:

Love

Toni xx