Results?

Options
blogblog123
blogblog123 Member Posts: 14
edited 28. Oct 2011, 02:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everybody, just a little update from when I last posted, I phoned my doctors to see what my blood results were, she sent me for them as she suspected RA also checked for other things anemia , thyroid etc which have all come back normal.....so my question is this... the aches and pains in my smaller joints,fingers, wrist etc could it be another form arthritis? I have been diagnosed with OA in lumber spine and hip, also I notice swelling on my hands not directly on the knuckles more in-between them, i do have constant pain in knee and leg which I know is coming from the spine and hip for which I take pain relief for. Does this sound similar to anything you lovely people may be experiencing? Thanks Lainy:-)

Comments

• Katiebelle
    Katiebelle Member Posts: 12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I cant help much as im very new to all this, they suspected i had RA but it is in fact Psoriatic Arthritis, i had similar problems with the small joints in my fingers, lower spine, elbow etc. All my blood came back normal time and time again and it wasnt until i had an isotope scan that they were able to see all of the inflammation. I got my diagnosis on Monday.
    Take care.

K xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I have ra in my hands and feet,between my finger joints it is always puffy more so by the end of the day,i surpose in a way i was lucky as my blood tests proved positive for ra and i was able to start treatment straight away.hope you get sorted soon.Mig
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    so my question is this... the aches and pains in my smaller joints,fingers, wrist etc could it be another form arthritis? I have been diagnosed with OA in lumber spine and hip, also I notice swelling on my hands not directly on the knuckles more in-between them, Thanks Lainy:-)

Hi Lainy

Bony nodules are common with hand OA. Small nodules and swellings that develop near the middle joint of the fingers are referred to as Bouchard's nodes. When the nodules are located at the fingertip, they are referred to as Heberden's nodes.

If the nodules on your fingers are either of these and you have shown your gp, I would have thought your gp would have known what they were .... but perhaps not.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya,

My bloods always come back fine, even when I'm in a flare.

I get the finger swelling, in-between the knuckles. My fingers are changing too. The knuckles are becoming more pronounced and making my fingers turn away from thumb. I suspect either PA or OA.

Hope you're feeling ok?

Magenta x
  • dotty123
    dotty123 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    I too struggle mostly with my hands, 2 lumps in the palm of my hand, 2 inner side lumps on 2 different fingers, enlarge right index knuckle ( I call it my ET finger now ) not forgetting left little finger is set straight at the end, can't bend it for love or money !
    Pain spreading to wrists and hip and knee ( but only now and then, how kind of arthur )

The joys of OA.. it's like a deep hidden nasty vile disease.
    :(