Update from Wendy !!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 27. Oct 2011, 10:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to see the Consultant about the Hip and the knee. it appears I have two problems (tell me about it) so what has been decided is that I will have my left hip replaced to eliminate any further problems with that then wait to see if it helps the TKR to settle down as there is movement in the joint that shouldn't be there if it doesn't improve then I will have to have surgery again on the knee to rectify the problem. A good result I was shaking like a leaf when I went in thinking he wouldn't believe me but with the xrays and the examination and a copy of my medication I needn't have worried. I now have to wait for the relevant info to come to me I don't know how long I shall have to wait but I will find out soon. Will sleep tonight Wendy

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi wendy

Thats great news, glad you were listened to.
    Hope you dont have to wait too long.

Take care
    Clare xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    good you were believed and something will be done,let us know how you go on.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    great appointment so glad you got your message accross val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wendy

Glad you have a result and I hope you are not waiting too long for your hip replacement. I hope it also rectifies your knee problem so that another op isn't needed there.

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Wendy, it's such a relief when they actually listen to you eh?
    I'm glad that you got a good result and they are going to help.
    Best of luck hun :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wendy
    Im so glad they have listend to you, I could feel your relief, I am waiting to have my first THR and I must say at the beginning most of the pain was in my knee.
    Wishing you good luck with it all.
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Wendy so pleased thinks are moving in the right direction hopefull it wont be to long a wait x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Wendy, Glad you had a positive appointment! Now you can take steps to making your life better. Glad you got the information you wanted and was able to have a good chat with the consultant. Keep us informed about the next appointments and surgery. bubbadog/Amanda.
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Well yet again went to see the physio told her what the consultant had said. The upshot is I don't need to go back to the physio just keep doing the exercise she told me to do she said because there is a problem with the knee physio won't help. other than make the muscle stronger it won't put right the problem I have. Just need now to get my house in order get xmas over with and concentrate on 2012.