first love

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Oct 2011, 07:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok what is your first love doing now? do you know and how long ago?

mine single last i heard living away from here and was 35 years ago good times lol
val

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    He is laying on sofa val watching david attenborough

I married him.....

I was nearly 16 and he was 16
    He is now 49 and I am nearly 49 (in feb)

juliepf x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Same with me Julie :grin: I was 18 and he was 25 when we met at work, we've been married 19 years on 11th November :grin:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oooh poppy congratulations for the 11th :grin:

27 years for us :grin:
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    erm, married, now divorced, living on his own as far as I know, how long ago? Early 1970's if my memory serves me.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I was 15 he was 18 - that was a long time ago 1975 - he's a BankManager now and sometimes I think it would have been quite nice to be married to a bankmanager then I remember that I broke off our engagement because he was soooo boring. He'd make a calculation in a notebook to see if we could go out or not - not very exciting when you are a teenager :lol:
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • valval
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    He is laying on sofa val watching david attenborough

I married him.....

I was nearly 16 and he was 16
    He is now 49 and I am nearly 49 (in feb)

juliepf x

that so cute well done in this age not many manage this lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    Poppyg1rl wrote:
    Same with me Julie :grin: I was 18 and he was 25 when we met at work, we've been married 19 years on 11th November :grin:

made me smile have good anniversary val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    erm, married, now divorced, living on his own as far as I know, how long ago? Early 1970's if my memory serves me.

the 70s were such a fun time to be a teenager loved it
    val
  • valval
    Options
    cacyhi wrote:
    I was 15 he was 18 - that was a long time ago 1975 - he's a BankManager now and sometimes I think it would have been quite nice to be married to a bankmanager then I remember that I broke off our engagement because he was soooo boring. He'd make a calculation in a notebook to see if we could go out or not - not very exciting when you are a teenager :lol:

bet he still boring but the money would be nice lol sorry checking in note book to see if free to see you i would have ditched him as well lol
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I remember boyfriends and the first husband but I did not actually know what true love felt like until I met the current Mr DD. It still feels the same after 23 years. My heart still turns over when I hear his key in the door, or when I look at him snoozing on the sofa. It turns over even more rapidly when he buys me beer! :grin:

Julie? Your answer made my eyes leak. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    My first love was when I was still at school at the age of 16 ( he was 17) He was every teenager's dream- very good-looking, sweet, loving, and very generous. I was madly in love with him for three years until I went off to college in London, but he stayed home in Yorkshire. After a year of being apart, I eventually broke up with him. He wanted to get engaged, but I wasn't ready for that. It was painful to finish with him, but I was much too young to get married, so it was the best thing to do.

The last thing I heard, he had married a nurse..........another Joan :grin:

My Mum used to see him sometimes while out shopping, and apparently he got even more handsome as he got older. See what I missed :!: :lol:

PS. If you're reading this, Jeff, thanks for the memories :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    Mine was a neighbour and we met when we were both 5. I adored him for the next 11 years until I left home to work and he met a tall, leggy, long blonde hair, pretty girl. He married her, had 2 beautiful sons, divorced her and is now living with someone. I still see him from time to time and I still think he's gorgeous. I'm very much in love with my OH and we've been together for almost 28 years now. I wouldn't change him for the world.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    You know mine Val

but l really really loved him - he meant the world to me and l am still not over it even 25+ years later :sad:

Last l heard when we would both of been in our mid 30's he was living with a 50 year old woman in 'one of the London boroughs'

m0446.gif

am VERY happy with my husband and like cloud wouldn't change him for anything :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    i do not think you ever truly get over your first true love but there are so many types of love that you never have to settle for second best
    val
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya,

I married mine :grin:

Met when I was 18, he was 17!! Few dates, then went our 'seperate ways'. Met again when I was going on 23, him just 22, and that was it! 20yrs later we're still as loved up as before.

Magenta x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    No idea, don't care.

Oh dear, was it that bad, Del :?: :eek:
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    My first love knocked me back for someone more promising.She still lives on a council estate and I live in a big house with a swimming pool in Spain Justice!!!! :evil :evil :evil
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    valval wrote:
    i do not think you ever truly get over your first true love but there are so many types of love that you never have to settle for second best

My Husband said that to me....

he was glad he didn't have to settle for second best...min l once saw HIS first love and she looked a LOT like me :shock:

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    She dumped me cry.gif

Altogether now...........Ahhhhh :!: :cry::cry:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    My first love knocked me back for someone more promising.She still lives on a council estate and I live in a big house with a swimming pool in Spain Justice!!!! :evil :evil :evil

Tone, I've sent you a PM, but you haven't picked it up.

PS. No, I'm not the one from the council estate :shock: :lol:
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Met my lady when I was16, she was 17 at the time...she was a morris dancers and I was on the Carnival Committee locally. I had never gone out with a girl before, it was all new to me...believe it or nor I was a quiet one. We went out for four years before we got married in 1971, we love with the in-laws for tweve months until we got our council house, then, much to my delight we had our first daughter, followed by another shortly afterwards. We then tookthe step of buying our own house. Apart from time off having children, my wife has never had time off from work and she's 61 now...the countless times I have been off, and, eventually I finished work altogether, she's been the one that's had to care for me. I have never had the experience of going with another and never wanted to either, but, I know, I certainly got a gem when I married her all those many years ago, and, could never imagine life life with another lady. The love she shows to me, my two daughters and four granddaughters, how could I ever wish for more...and yet she soldiers on, turning out at 6.30 every morning, never complaining...I'm a very lucky guy. John x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    John, that's a wonderful tribute to your wife. How lovely that you've had such a long and happy marriage. True love :!: :grin:

Joan :grin:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well my first love died very young.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Well my first love died very young.

Elizabeth

Oh Elizabeth, that's very sad :cry:
  • valval
    Options
    there are lots of sad storys and some that make you realise how good life is to you thanks everyone for replys they make lovely reading.
    dell can not think why she would dump you was not me did not go out with a del honest but did dump a few along the way to finding steve
    val