Halloween fun

Options
cloud9
cloud9 Member Posts: 385
edited 28. Oct 2011, 13:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just thought you might like to hear what my (almost) 8 yr old grandson and I got up to today. We went to Sainsburys with his mum and my OH to do some (boring) shopping. I hired a scooter cos I can't walk round the shops. I told Ethan to tell his mum and granddad that he was going to help Nanny with something important. And we escaped down the halloween aisle. We played with all the toys that make noises and jump about, tried on wigs and hats, bought stickers and silly glo-sticks, made plans for tricking and treating and generally laughed together really loudly. When I decided we ought to go I realised we had an audience of staff and shoppers all enjoying our silly antics. And who were standing at the back, hands on hips, scowling???? Yep you guessed it.......well that was until we decided to make a hasty retreat and our audience all shouted, "Oh, please don't go. We were enjoying watching you!!"
:grin: :roll: :lol:
Sue (Cloud9)

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    what you like????

Me :lol: only I haven't any grand children yet :lol:

Sounds like you made a boring shop FUN :grin:

juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    nothing wrong with having a laugh in the shops. Me and my daughter are lethal when we are together... Janet just tuts.. Usually heads in the opposite direction too :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    It was fun. Makes me laff even more remembering disapproving looks from daughter and OH. Ethan can't wait to get back to school to tell his buddies!!! He says he's got a troublesome Nanny and he doesn't want me to change a bit! :lol:
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    Options
    cloud9 wrote:
    It was fun. Makes me laff even more remembering disapproving looks from daughter and OH. Ethan can't wait to get back to school to tell his buddies!!! He says he's got a troublesome Nanny and he doesn't want me to change a bit! :lol:
    Sounds like it was just what you needed to cheer you up - hope the foot is more comfortable now. I know its expensive, but a great idea to hire the scooter so you can get out and about a bit. I found it a bit dodgy in this weather just getting to the car on my crutches today in the wet and the stupid boot!!!
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sue

:lol: Aw, bless Ethan. You two sure have fun times together. Great to hear. :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Sounds wonderful, I always get a buggy in the shops, instead of my wheelchair, far more fun. If OH is pushing me in the chair, he goes at such a pace I cannot grab sweeties and essential things like cookies and shortbread, meanie. I have seen some of the Halloween things, what a choice, we had an old sheet, took gates off their posts, emptied dustbins, mischief night we used to call it.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • wallysatt
    wallysatt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Ha ha... I love being silly, people are to serious these days.

Last year a friend and I went to our local supermarket and did the same thing. We were trying to find an unsuspecting person to scare by putting half an arm in their trolly! We're both in our late 20's and should know better!