Stitches out!

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 28. Oct 2011, 18:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Just wanted to say my stitches were taken out and i had physio today, it went well and physio says ive got a good range of movement, so she'll see me next week. :grin: feeling a lot better than i was, im back on metho and enbrel injections as well, hopefully onwards and upwards!
I've been told to watch my weight though as ive lost a stone since the shoulder rubbish started, im 5ft and weigh 7 1/2 stone, i havent been dieting or anything like that, i was in so much pain that it took over and i havent been eating a lot because ive been stuck in bed.
Well, im hoping that i'll get back to normal soon, im still pretty wary of anyone coming near my shoulder, but will attempt to go shopping in Betsy the wheelchair with hubby and boys this weekend :grin:
Love and gentle 2 armed hugs to you all (((((()))))) Xxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great news, Poppy that today went fine for you. You are progressing really well.

Enjoy your shopping trip at the weekend with your family and Betsy! It is good to have something to look forward to. :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Poppy, that is good news and I am pleased for you. You go gently with those exercises, I don't want you undoing your surgeon's good work - stick to half pints for the time being, yes? :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Gentle hugs back at you Poppy :grin:

Glad the stitches are out and that the first physio session went so well.

Also good that you are back on your MTX

m0489.gifTake it easy now and have a cake on me

Love

Toni xx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Good to hear that you're doing so well. Hope you enjoy your shopping trip.
    Rita.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Another step forward for you, Im so glad those stitches are gone, and I do hope you enjoyed your shopping trip, it will help make you feel more human
    Wishing you well with it all
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Dont do too much in one go,have a good weekend.Mig
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Good for you, enjoy your shopping, but don't do too much and wear yourself out. Sending gentle (((())) for a speedy recovery,

Sue x
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Great to hear that you are already getting on so well and that you have had the stitches out.

I too have lost a lot of weight since my op and I discovered "complan" and "build up" in Boots the other week. they are in the form of high calorie milkshakes or soup, so Im having them instead of a cup of tea/coffee. Its really hard to try to put on weight when you need to ( like its hard to get it off when you want to!) :lol:
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Poppy glad things are going ok ,don't over do the exercises ,its always a bit of a worry about getting places knocked , but its good to get out xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Poppy

Lovely to read your good news.
    As you say....onwards and upwards from now on.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    That sounds great Poppy, enjoy your outing, be careful not to overdo it though!!
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thankyou so much for your support, I'm so grateful :grin:
    One little problem today, I woke at 4am as on my shoulder one of the incisions was hot, swelling, and had its own pulse. It felt 'tight' yesterday but I put that down to the physio, by 8am hubby took me to see my GP as there was yellow pus oozing (sorry guys bit gross I know) anyway I have an infection so am on flucoxicillin and no enbrel or methotrexate for another week.
    I'm relieved we got it sorted so quickly though, then to make matters worse when I got home from the chemist the post had been delivered, I had a letter from the taxman for £600.00 :eek: I was a mess, but phoned up as I haven't worked this year and was totally up to date when I closed my business, turns out it was there mistake... :roll: so all sorted.
    I am now a wreck, going back to bed and staying there!
    Have a lovely day all of you my friends, gentle hugs (((()))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ye gods girl, it just never ends with you does it? I am glad you have the amoxy, that may help the arthritis too which would be good, and well done on sorting out those idiots at HMRC. If they could actually correctly administer their affairs more than once in a blue moon I reckon this country would be much better off. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    I hope the infection clears up soon for you, such a downer when you just thought things were improving.

Aw Poppy, that stupid letter was the last thing you needed when you got home. I am glad you got it sorted before the weekend.

I hope the weekend gets better for you and you do manage to have a little trip out with the family.

Lv, I x