Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Email Scam, beware.

CJHunterCJHunter Posts: 1,038
edited 30. Oct 2011, 17:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all, an email warning, please take note.

My partner has recieved an email addressed very similar to a friend of hers. It said' please help me, i am in spain and have been robbed at gun point. My credit cards, money and cell have been stolen. I need help to get home,and pay my hotel bill, please send money via western bank'.
This was not her friend but a scam please ensure you dont send money and report any to your email provider and action fraud. Forward copies of these email to them at :
[email protected]

Hope you are all ok.
Take care
Clare xx
Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg

Comments

• valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mate at work had one he knew it was not person it was suposed to be as started in a way she would never have started it val
    val
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the warning Clare, it is much appreciated. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TurbogranTurbogran Posts: 1,957
    Thanks for the warning Clare
    Take care
    Carol xx
  • cthornleycthornley Posts: 627
    Thanks ...i've already had one of these sent though from a hacked e-mail account of a fellow professional.
    Even if I hadn't realised immediately alarm bells would have rang because it was a guy I only know through work so i'd be so far down on the pecking order of people to come to for help that it was ridiculous. :roll:
    Chrissie