PLEASE HELP SERO-NEG DO I HAVE ARTHUR DOUBTING THOMAS

Options
soraya
soraya Member Posts: 108
Help as some of you may know ive been diagnosed with sero-neg inflammatory arthritis and a couple of doubting thomas disbelieve this is a form of arthritis to the point im know doubting my pain stiffness ect and i feel im going mad, so the question is sero-neg inflammatory arthritis does this mean i have a form of arthritis or is it right that im completely bonkers thanks :???:

Comments

• soraya
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thank you delboy im now know im not mad :grin:
  • Taz1979
    Taz1979 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    You are correct - and most def not bonkers..! Trust what your body tells you and don't be afraid to make contact the health professional that diagnosed you for more information. I took in a list of twenty or so questions each time I went after I was first diagnosed. I wrote them down and 'collected' them as I thought of them... then took the list with me. It really helped with getting to understand my body and what was happening, as well as have more clarity instead of everything spinning about in my head. This in turn has really helped me self manage. Don't listen to your Dounting Thomas who looks at you and just sees you - only you know what your body is feeling at any given time....
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    To be honest most people don't understand the technicalities of arfur and its hang ons. I would just say you have a form of RA. It is the same thing in a different name. It would just give them an idea of what you are dealing with.
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    There is a fact sheet on here for sero neg...I was co written by me!! :eek:
    What i have realised is as long as HR and your line manager know about your condition its nobody elses business....In fact it will wind them up!!!..
    Of course its arthritis........ :roll: good luck...xx
  • Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey,
    I too have sero-neg rheumatoid arthritis, it took ages to get diagnosis as the bloods don't show, my rhemy wanted to see me (sometimes get other consultants) as she said my markers were raised, so no ur not a doubting thomas. In fact I had to go for a cortisone inj couple weeks back, when there the consultant queried pain in my hands, it looks like I have a lot of fluid in between my knuckles and he couldn't understand why I wasn't hurting when he kept pressing it!! LOL, got to laugh cos think we all just get used to the pain and get on with it. Chin up, you have got a condition and no doubts about it.
    Arlene x
  • soraya
    Options
    Thanks Arlene it helps so much just knowing your not alone, i have now gone one step further and taken photos of my hands and feet in full swell and this will defo be on my next journey to the rheumy doc hugs x