i dont understand

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
edited 29. Oct 2011, 10:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all
i dont understand i phoned the doctors to ask if the resulit of my exray was in and i was told it was satisfactory what does it mean i have an ap on tuesday to see him.
my foot still hurts and it swells if i stand to much i cannot stop crying i'm worried about falling over again.
i see the consultant about my foot on 6 dec the exrays were on my ankle.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my darling girl, how often do we read on here that what the pictures show does not reflect what we are feeling and experiencing? Obviously they are pleased with the way your foot is looking on the inside (I take it we are talking about your recently operated foot?) but the healing part takes a while, and the older you are the longer it takes.

You have been doing everything right my lovely, in terms of looking after it post-op, but healing is a slow process, Joan, and I for one am not surprised that it is still swelling and causing you distress. You make sure you tell the GP this when you see him, he needs to know that although things are 'better' they are not yet altogether right. Tell you what, you take me with you and I'LL tell him! :smile: You rest up now and please don't fret. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you DD.
    i'm pleased with my foot its my ankle thats the problem i have not had anything wrong with it before and i cannot understand why it keeps giving away and the sharp pain.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Joan
    If you are still worried my love, make an appointment to see your GP, I am sure if you explain how worried you are that it keeps giving way they may be able to put your mind at rest
    Sending you loads of very gentle hugs (((((()))) and please let us know how you get on, you really have done so well.
    You take care of yourself xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Aw Joan, I am sorry that you are upset .

Just take extra care these next few days and when you see your doctor on tuesday, tell him all your worries. (take a list with you)

Sending extra soothing hugs (((((((((((()))))))))))

Love Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Barbara Julie.
    i didnot expect to effect my ankle its frightening when it gives away i'm walking with a zimmer frame.
    i hope you are both as well as can be.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh, did I get the wrong end of the stick? I apologise, Joan. If it's your ankle then I empathise - I saw my ankles Xray results on Wednesday, apparently they are perfect, no joint damage or erosion, no bony growths - well if that's the case why do they hurt so damn much and all the time? :smile: Answers on a postcard please to:

DD
    78 Joints Road
    Arthritis Hurts
    Dammit.
    SO13 1T

(That's meant to say **** it!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joan

Would be because you are now walking differently since your foot op? I know that since my foot op, my little toe now hurts at times and I am not quite sure why. There was nothing wrong with my little pinky before the op. :roll:

Take it easy until your appointment on tuesday and perhaps your GP can throw some light on the problem.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    I agree DD my xrays show little or nothing in any a=of my joints but the instability I have with pain and what I considered slipping of the joints when I fall as my knee/ankle/toes (delete as appropriate) seems to give way. I hate it when some smarmy doc looks at my xrays and says oh yes everything is fine. NO IT ISNT!! sometimes my knee slips baqckwards to what I consider an inpossible amount and I hit the deck, other times my ankle joint seems to shift and over I go. Im care ful placing my feet as my hubby is always yelling when I stagger to gain balance "watch where youre walking" and I keep yelling ...........................well you can guess :lol: :green

Make sure you write things down and bring it up with your doc any concerns, falls (or near falls) and make them take you seriously. It may be as elna says you are walking differntly and that could put more pressure on your ankle joinyt and tendons. It could be physio may help who knows? (hopefully your doc) :wink:

Good luck

Theresa
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I'm sorry you had a fall, I didn't realise. :sad:

No wonder you're upset falling is terrifying especially when your ankle or any lower joint lets you down.

Foot operations are notoriously hard to get over so, I think, what you're experiencing isn't unusual.

I know you have your zimmer but do you have anything round your ankle for support? Just thought if you haven't that might help.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Joan

l would go to the doctor and ask for an explanation of this. What actually IS satisfactory??? it is NOT in my opinion satisfactory for your ankle to give way on you :sad:

Oh and take Sue with you!

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you DD Elna Theresa Linda Toni.
    i'm going to see the doctor to find out what it means.
    thank you for your help.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx