just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis

Options
dcl79
dcl79 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Oct 2011, 17:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just been told that i have got osteoarthritis along with lymes a while back. I have it in my hips and lower back
Any one have any advice
Thanks

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi a lot of us have some oa but i can not help out except exercise does help keeping muscles around joints strong good luck val
    val
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Welcome to the forum :-)

xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello dcl79, it's nice to meet you tho I am sorry you have had to find us. I have no advice as such, although I have OA in my knees (and I think my ankles) and an inflammatory arthritis (PA) I do not have Lymes Disease. Exercise is usally recommended for OA but how that applies to your affected areas I do not know. Perhaps a discussion with your GP would help - they treat OA and should be clued up about this. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Yep, I'll say a few things, whatever you do to enjoy yourself, keep doing it, whatever exercise you like, keep doing it, whatever interests you have in life, keep doing them. You may have to modify the way you do things, just don't stop or you will regret it and your body will be in a slow decline which doesn't do much for your mental state. OA is just an illness not a way of life!
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Very sage advice for us all Airwave, thank you!

Scozzie