Made me cry

Options
kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 29. Oct 2011, 09:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning everyone
Not a moan just me being daft.
I was looking on the computer at a site my youngest daughter goes on.
She's 27.
She had done some sort of question thing and I was smiling at some of the answers she'd put until I came to one that said "who's your hero" and she had written MY MUM.
I burst into tears.To know she thinks this and yet my eldest daughter will never never feel like this.I can't believe the difference in my children.
My eldest daughter actually thought I couldn't wait to get a wig when my hair fell out with the chemo for the second time.She actually thought I was looking forward to it.
Well a hero from one out of 3 isn't to be sniffed at.I still have tears in my eyes now.
Just thought I'd share this with you.
Hope you are all as well as can be expected.
May

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    AW lump in thoat,all mums are heros.Mig
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    How lovely for you to know that. I admit it's a shame that all our children can't appreciate what we do for them, I have pretty much the same problem, my youngest daughter completely ignored the fact I was having a cataract op yesterday, no phone call or message to say good luck, (and she's the one I do most for) everyone else was wishing me well and phoning afterwards and my son came to see me. So I know how you feel, but hey ho at least you have someone who appreciates you and that makes it all worth while.

Sue x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, I know that feeilng, it makes life feel so worth while, I receive lovely little cards from my daughter telling me how much she loves me and if I have an op or procedure, how brave I am. :wink: She is 32 years old. I know my son (30 years) feels the same but boys are different in saying what they are thinking. :lol:His hugs say it all. We had our tiffs when they were in their teens but they thank us now. :wink::smile: I love my family and extended family, I am so lucky and truly appreciative.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Awww how lovely...they do say that little things go a long way...or something like that.. :???: how lovely to read that....now that tells you how much you are loved..
    Love
    Barbara
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, What a lovely girl - she sounds a very special person and I'm not surprised you cried. Love Sue xxx
  • gretta
    gretta Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi
    What a lovely daughter. I am sitting here too with a lump in my throat after reading your post.
    Love
    gretta
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    I had a lovely e-mail from my eldest daughter this morning after I sent her one about how I was feeling, it really cheered me up. She doesn't live nearby so I won't see her for another 3 weeks. It lovely to have someone who understands what we need at times. Maske the most of your lovely daughter and be proud of her, she obviously takes after you.

Sue x